Dynadot

advice Is this a scam or not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Francis AHLE

Established Member
Impact
Hi All, i want to share this with you and get your approval. I got an email asking if my domain seolearners.com was still for sale. They said one of their clients was interested. Has it's for sale, i then sent an email, saying it's still for sale. I then received this answer and wanted to have your point of view. Do you think it's true?

My name is Eun Jung Sun. I work for Gabia Inc. (hosting provider from Korea).

I act on the behalf of our VIP client (domain investor) and will help you to sell your domain. The buyer purchases several domains to generate traffic to his new web project.If you need faster response please contact me in Telegram messenger.

Please send me your Telegram messenger user name. My user name in Telegram: Sun_Support (@Sun_Support). Our commission is only 6 %. The commission is divided between you (3%) and the buyer (3%) and paid after you get the money.

The buyer offers $45000 USD in Litecoins or $44000 via International wire transfer/Western Union.

The payment to you will be made via escrow service to protect both parties during the transaction. You will get 50% before the domain transfer and 50% after.

To proceed with the sale, the buyer requires a verification of compliance with Korean law and trademarks because he will run his startup in South Korea. Please don't worry. If you don't have it you can order it online. I will help you with instructions and will not leave you along with this.

According to his country law the domain holder may lose domain if it has trademark conflicts or other legal restrictions. He is a professional investor and cannot afford to lose the money and domain and will send you the funds only after you send him a verification from an independent agency that make legal verification in Korea. I hope you understand it.

The verification must include the following:

- The certification agency must be certified to verify domains in South Korea.
- Verification of compliance with Korean law and trademarks.
- The certificate must be up to date (issued during last 30 days).
- Official copy of the verification in English and Korean.

We asked him if GoDaddy or Sedo appraisal certificates will work as a verification for him. I'm not sure they have a license to verify domains in Korea. Now we are awaiting for his answer.

If you are ready to to sell to my client please let me know.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Seemed too good to be true :( i wish it wasn't a scam

•••
•••
•••
100% scam. Run or your money will burn.

•••
Pure scam. Just like the appraisal scam, now it has come in the name of trademark verification.

•••
•••
Any genuine buyer will not ask you for any sort of payment up-front. These scammers have even tried low-amounts. As low as $50 to $100 dollars as a facilitation charge, in the hope more people will take a chance and pay-up.
We had a recent thread on NP where a member did actually pay $300+ before checking here

Last edited:
•••
By some reason, I already knew the answer before opening the thread. "Is this a scam or not" subject in threads list was enough ;-()
In this particular case, not only the whole text smells like something a genuine buyer or their representative would never send as an initial communication, but also it could be verified directly with Gabia (Korean registrar). They also speak English, I dealt with them once...

•••
100% scam i have received same email many times.

•••
its a scam Don't Get Fooled

•••
•••
Received a nearly identical email for a domain I have listed for sale for $25k, yet they want to offer $44k. As soon as I saw this, it was a red flag. Stay away from Gabia and this "Eun Jung Sun" individual (if he/she even exists).

•••
ALL emails about any kinds of certificates are 1,000% SCAM.

•••
This particular individual asked me to pay for the verification, a responsibility typically left to the buyer. Again another red flag. If they don't get your domain, they're still getting the $ you spent on verifying whether or not your domain name infringes on any trademarks within THEIR market. Complete joke.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back