Domain Empire

advice Received my first offer....I think

NameSilo
Watch

triplec0886

Established Member
Impact
Hello! So, last night I was checking my spam folder(as I regularly do because sometimes legit emails end up there) and I came across an email that referenced a 4L .com I own. The email was written in Chinese and the only thing I understood was the domain. According to Google Translate, the message read [domain] is yours? If yes, then $XXX out of it. Naturally, I am guessing they are offering me $xxx for the domain.

My question is: has anyone here had success with an inbound offer? I do see where it could be beneficial as a Chinese website because of the letters. I am somewhat cautious because it went to my spam folder but it could just be because of the way the message was formatted and the language. Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They offered you 800 yuan. Laughable amount for decent 4Ls.

Those Chinese emails are just spam.

•••
I actually have sold a name from an email in chinese. After i replied, i got an email from 4.cn that they were engaged by the buyer to complete the deal. It went very smooth.

Wasnt a 4L though. It was 100 for an LNNN.com.

I get the emails for 5N but i dont usually reply because the offers are low.

•••
Also these are mass emails sent out to all owners via Whois. I receive them all the time.

•••
Good to know all of this. So much noise out there when it comes to this! Exciting to think I was offered something, though. Oh well!

•••
I know that feeling.. Just stay calm and maintain your reasoning.

•••
Good to know all of this. So much noise out there when it comes to this! Exciting to think I was offered something, though. Oh well!
Keep pushing man, I'm in this with you.

•••
Sometime last year I got a strange email in my spam folder from a guy in China asking about purchasing a domain that I owned. It seemed like a scam but I replied back with a offer much higher than I had it valued at just as a joke.

It turned out that after some negotiation and a couple of complete failures due to the language barrier ( I have to give the guy credit his English was much better than my Cantonese. 100% better actually) we eventually settled on a price and finalized the deal.

Now I comb through my spam folder a lot more often. :)

•••
Sometime last year I got a strange email in my spam folder from a guy in China asking about purchasing a domain that I owned. It seemed like a scam but I replied back with a offer much higher than I had it valued at just as a joke.

It turned out that after some negotiation and a couple of complete failures due to the language barrier ( I have to give the guy credit his English was much better than my Cantonese. 100% better actually) we eventually settled on a price and finalized the deal.

Now I comb through my spam folder a lot more often. :)

I regularly checked my spam folder but now, I checked it DAILY. Never know when a good one will end up there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back