NameSilo

question RealEstate or Homes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What is the value of domains consisting of city name + realestate and city name + homes with .info and .biz extensions.
For example: ChicagoRealEstate and ChicagoHomes
Which one is better and which extension go better with these domains.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only .INFO and .BIZ extensions, you mean? :gl:

-Jeff B-)

•••
•••
polo said:
yes...and .com maybe

.COM would be the best :$: here, IMHO ... between .INFO and .BIZ, I'd choose the .INFO with ****RealEstate and/or ****Homes! :snaphappy:
All the best!
-Jeff B-)

•••
I would never go for .info or .biz for such names.
IMHO .com is the way to go or .us... .biz could be acceptable but I'm not truly used to it...

•••
City name+Homes with .COM extension would be good enough.

•••
Obviously, .COM is most preferable. However, it is very hard to find a .COM name for any city of significant size.

I personally think .INFO is a great extension for real estate related domain names. It fits very well.

I like .INFO much more than .BIZ in general, and especially when it comes to real estate related domain names. I have never been a fan of the .BIZ extension.

•••
OUt of Real Estate and Homes, I would go with the real estate option. If will give you more freedom in the future, where you could include other properties besides houses such as land, commercial properties and other types. With "Homes" you are limiting yourself just to homes.

Hope that made sense ???

Alex

•••
•••
agreed only .com and me personally will go with city+houses

•••
polo said:
thanks folks

You're welcome. :)

How did things go ... what did you end up getting? Reasoning(s)? Close alternatives, etc?
Are these for future development ... or purely as investments? Were the .COM's available?!? Talk to us, please. :talk:

Thanks for the insight.
-Jeff B-)

•••
According to overture RealEstate is much better then Homes and much much better than Houses. But i wanted to hear someone with more experience. These are domains i already have (US cities with .info and .biz extension) and i may not renew some of them. Would like to hear more opinions.
Thanks

•••
Which ones do you own, Polo (for us to be of greater assistance, specifically IMHO)? :blink:

Thanks.
-Jeff B-)

•••
I think homes is much shorter and less like to mistype, thus could be better to an end user who did not care overture.

•••
City+homes.com (Europe) with 2m+ population and $20k+ Per capita Income and nice real estate market. Should I get it for 25$? Your thoughts plz. And whats you thoughts on
Homes vs properties vs RealEstate vs Estate vs Realty

For my name.. all other alternatives are registered.

Last edited:
•••
Helsinkiproperties.com is available for sale

•••
RealEstate and Homes tend to be used by two different groups of likely end-users.

RealEstate = likely real estate brokerages and agents
Homes = likely residential builders

I've found home builders for some reason to be less internet marketing savvy in general and less likely to care about leveraging domains.

There is also more endusers competing in the real estate sales (agency) industry than home builders industry in each geo market.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is very American orientated. "homes" implies the sale of a property plus the contents ( furniture etc. ). "Houses" seems to be much more relevant, but the Internet seems to have changed language and its use, so I may be out of date. "Real estate" isn't used much in England though.

•••
What about the word "investments" in real estate niche. How relevant is that?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back