Dynadot

Rant to Brandbucket

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Heres a rant to brand bucket and to Michael krell (brandbucket ambassador) for declining names I've submitted to list with them and then when I did not renew it Michael picks up the name and lists it on BB..

Poor form sir

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally think it would be beneficial for everyone in the conversation to take the tone down a couple of notches.

I understand there are some hard feelings out there, but Margot and Michael both did take the time to respond and engage in this thread. If everyone starts attacking them do you think they are likely to come back to respond to you? Whereas if questions are asked in a professional way I think maybe there would be more chance to hear the answers.

I'd recommend everyone keep it as civil as possible and there is good room for conversation, constructive criticism, and a chance for everyone to get heard and have a chance to respond.

Just a thought. I know asking a forum to be civil is like telling a kid to not touch something. :xf.smile:

•••
I personally think it would be beneficial for everyone in the conversation to take the tone down a couple of notches.

I understand there are some hard feelings out there, but Margot and Michael both did take the time to respond and engage in this thread. If everyone starts attacking them do you think they are likely to come back to respond to you? Whereas if questions are asked in a professional way I think maybe there would be more chance to hear the answers.

I'd recommend everyone keep it as civil as possible and there is good room for conversation, constructive criticism, and a chance for everyone to get heard and have a chance to respond.

Just a thought. I know asking a forum to be civil is like telling a kid to not touch something. :xf.smile:
If protests cease to exist meaningful change will never occur in this world.

•••
If protests cease to exist meaningful change will never occur in this world.
I fully agree.

But if people can not have a constructive conversation then no progress is made either.

I think all concerns should be expressed, but where possible in a professional manner, and we are more likely to have a conversation that has two sides instead of one.

•••
Think I'll be moving my portfolio away from brand bucket

With so many names on there now, I don't understand why anyone still uses them.

What are the chances your name will be found.

And you have to wonder if some sellers get better visibility for their names than others.

•••
I fully agree.

But if people can not have a constructive conversation then no progress is made either.

I think all concerns should be expressed, but where possible in a professional manner, and we are more likely to have a conversation that has two sides instead of one.
I fully agree that the tone should be professional, but I think that BB has missed the opportunity to respond to any complaints in the last year and a lot of frustration has gathered. Knowing that they come and check other threads constantly but they don't respond in the thread where they should, it's not helping. You think that if you are trying to talk to the customer service of a big company and they ignore you, do you think that it will do them any good? Just ignoring peoples with turn everything from unsatisfied to anger and hate. It's like google, when they reached 1 billion in revenue and if they would have start ignoring new customers, do you think that they will have been around today? It's their company and they can do whatever they want, but it's not constructive for anybody and in the end of the day, I think that they have more to loose, because domaining world it's not so big.

•••
I fully agree that the tone should be professional, but I think that BB has missed the opportunity to respond to any complaints in the last year and a lot of frustration has gathered. Knowing that they come and check other threads constantly but they don't respond in the thread where they should, it's not helping. You think that if you are trying to talk to the customer service of a big company and they ignore you, do you think that it will do them any good? Just ignoring peoples with turn everything from unsatisfied to anger and hate. It's like google, when they reached 1 billion in revenue and if they would have start ignoring new customers, do you think that they will have been around today? It's their company and they can do whatever they want, but it's not constructive for anybody and in the end of the day, I think that they have more to loose, because domaining world it's not so big.

I can completely understand that.

My thinking was - if one the main issues is they are not communicating enough with their sellers - and they try to communicate with them - and in response they are just attacked - are they likely to try to reply again? Don't get me wrong, they need a thick skin for sure. But I say let them respond and then give them a chance to make changes, then call them out if they don't follow through instead of continuing to harp on a subject.

•••

My thinking was - if one the main issues is they are not communicating enough with their sellers - and they try to communicate with them - and in response they are just attacked - are they likely to try to reply again? Don't get me wrong, they need a thick skin for sure. But I say let them respond and then give them a chance to make changes, then call them out if they don't follow through instead of continuing to harp on a subject.

I, personally, will cease fire if bb staff returns to NamePros to sincerely address sellers concerns.

•••

Maybe I have missed some posts, but as far as I can see, they have responded couple of days ago, than couple of guys started asking questions, what about this, what about this, what's happening with this thread....and then silence. Just after half of day of silence and noticing that they are reading other threads but not responding, the tone has changed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

•••
Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm not saying you are right or wrong.

They addressed the issue in the thread, and now actually will have one disadvantage - All the thousands of domains that have ever been rejected at BB will no longer be able to be listed by a staff member.

Starting immediately, any member of BrandBucket's staff that is also a seller (now or in the future) will no longer be allowed to submit anything that has ever been rejected by the domain submission review team -- not nine months, not 1.5 years like the scenario in this thread, not 10 years down the line.

So I say give them a chance to follow through with that.

I'd say voice other concerns civilly in the BB experience thread. I don't know rather or not they plan to continue to participate on NPs more often or not, but I would say that would give better odds to the situation.

•••
this is what it call low ball technique, shame on you bb :/

•••
In order to restore confidence they don't need to say anything here on NP, just delist their own domains and the right thing to do is to recuse themselves from being sellers themselves as their conflict of interest and being competing insider traders. If none of you speak up about this, that or start you own co-op then you are doomed to continual abuse of what is supposed to be a marketplace for outsiders to list their "goods" which are promoted for sale. The current situation appears that they are competing unfairly, with inside information and SEO strength through your listed names to their nameservers.

http://nj.gov/ethics/statutes/rules/recusal.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest

•••
In order to restore confidence they don't need to say anything here on NP, just delist their own domains and the right thing to do is to recuse themselves from being sellers themselves as their conflict of interest and being competing insider traders

While I envy your enthusiasm, you've got to accept this isn't going to happen. It's in the best interest of their buyers for bb have more domains to offer.

If anything, they could implement a feature so that staff domains aren't listed on the first page(s) of search terms, thus showing preference to domains owned out of house. In turn this would help the growing level of sales inequality.

Last edited:
•••
While I envy your enthusiasm, you've got to accept this isn't going to happen. It's in the best interest of their buyers for bb have more domains to offer

Personally, I don't have any axe to grind other than my own entertainment and open criticism of bad situations. It's my hobby. If you've read my other threads you will know I am unabashed and vocal about other situations and I am finding this small industry is riddled with many crooked people. So I have no problem calling them out. I have always liked John Stossel, Ralph Nader, 60 minutes, and others who have balls to expose businesses issues. I don't need a penny from anybody for advertising or sales, income, etc. Reading these mile long threads you people make and then taking no action, it is simply because of a security blanket they can't let go of and being sheep. I don't want to be too harsh on those of you who feel stuck. I suspect most people participating are employees, not self employed. Or if self employed, have grown dependent on the subject platform. That's because of non risk taking and lack of entrepreneural spirit. It's like being a corporate robot in your cubicle. Some people need that, due to debt and family obligations and bills to pay. I have ended working years ago self employed as a invisible maverick. I will be dumping all my listings on this marketplace and stay tuned.

Last edited:
•••
Why does management have to respond here?

Last edited:
•••

One reason is there are transparency and trust issues between sellers and the marketplace now. Responding publicly keeps them accountantable. Rather than using a slack version that deletes content after x amount of posts.

•••
But those complaining aren't sellers anymore. If they have genuine concerns there is a mechanism where you can make a complaint - and you will get a response.

Every complaint I have made about BB has been addressed. Why do they address my complaints and not your complaints?

Is it because I follow a due process???

Last edited:
•••
You are all giving Brandbucket way too much power in your lives.

Some of you have been at this same thing for 2+ years.

•••

Like Ricks Hall of Shame, people who are unethical need to be called out. And documented.

One reason is there are transparency and trust issues between sellers and the marketplace now. Responding publicly keeps them accountantable. Rather than using a slack version that deletes content after x amount of posts.

They are not changing. The main thread brandbucket experience has 7,700 posts and 435,000 views. How many problems solved?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/brandbucket-experience.793278/page-310#post-6216578

They fail to follow ethical business practices. Do you truly believe they care about your business with them?

•••
It is amazing to see @Justin Matmor defend the company.... yet they themselves (BB) does not respond more.

such as it is when they are succesful, but it is short sighted as it will come back.

As justin mentioned, they do NOT need to respond here, for their own customers... BUT... it would be to their benefit.

Personally, prospective buyers and sellers would be likely to find their content here and between this brand bucket thread and the @Brandroot issues.... as a Prospective seller, it is enough to turn me away from both.

Why is Trip Advisor and Yelp trusted? Because of third party reviews. NamePros is that place for anything domain/web related, a place where owners cannot sweep things under the rug, even if they are "sponsors."

I would agree, first to take up an issue via official channels, but issues like delays, accounting etc.

This however is an issue of business ethics... and if you are dealing with unethical people, taking it up via their own channels would not resolve anything.

Discussing it on a third party site, such as HERE.... is exactly the purpose of NamePros...it is a forum for customers and businesses to discuss services... and most of all, a place for Prospective Customers, such as myself to research, and to look for issues that the company would otherwise try to sweep under the rug or "delete."

A company who would tell me my domain is bad.... but then registering themselves and listing it on their service is downright slimey.

•••
This should have NEVER been done in the first place, and was certainly no accident.

4fetJAa.jpg

•••
Another thing that people are not taking into account - inventory has DRIED UP.

We used to be able to reg brandables or just go to any expiring auction and grab brandbucket worthy names for regfee price.

Thousands of new investors, dozens of new brandable sites, all of these coupon sales, people's obsessions with "pattern hunting", etc...

OF COURSE inventory that used to be not good enough is now seen as much better in comparison to what is available.

How does that not make sense?

If they have a quota of domains to add, they are going to have to cast a wider net to fill that quota. That's just reality.

I buy plenty names myself now that would not have made the cut for me in 2015 when better names were readily available.

Best to worry about the things you can actually control.

•••
How many domains are even sold on these brand marketplace sites?

•••
Sorry don't have time to read through this whole thread. Buy why the hell is Michael Krell who is GM of Brandbucket competing with sellers who list there names on the site BB site? That is a conflict of interest, same shit Adam Dicker pulled when he worked at Godaddy. Never met Michael Krell, don't give a rat ass about BB either, but that is a major RED FLAG to stay away from Brand Bucket!

Last edited:
•••
Sorry don't have time to read through this whole thread. Buy why the hell is Michael Krell who is GM of Brandbucket competing with sellers who list there names on the site BB site? That is a conflict of interest, same sh*t Adam Dicker pulled when he worked at Godaddy. Never met Michael Krell, don't give a rat ass about BB either, but that is a major RED FLAG to stay away from Brand Bucket!

it's really not the same.

•••
Maybe I should stop defending BB...if there are less sellers to compete with, that means I have a better chance to make more sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back