Dynadot

discuss Rank wise Domain Name Marketplace

NameSilo
Watch

Isac

Top Member
Impact
As we have seen many of friends here selling domains regularly. Let us give our ranks to different Domain Name Marketplaces excluding forums like Namepros and others. Let's us share our opinion where we should must put our domains.

So let me start :

1. Afternic
2. Namejet Auction
3. Undeveloped
4. Flippa Auction ( Only $ 9 auction )
5. Godaddy
6. Sedo ( I will not prefer auction there )

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As we have seen many of friends here selling domains regularly. Let us give our ranks to different Domain Name Marketplaces excluding forums like Namepros and others. Let's us share our opinion where we should must put our domains.

So let me start :

1. Afternic
2. Namejet Auction
3. Undeveloped
4. Flippa Auction ( Only $ 9 auction )
5. Godaddy
6. Sedo ( I will not prefer auction there )

Flippa 9$ auction is suicide imo

•••
•••
•••

One more point only $ 9 is on risk and not like sedo where almost $ 60 is on risk
I hate sedo auctions. 1 negative is 69 usd 2nd negative not have buyers like we get in flippa in 250 usd package

•••

I respect your opinion but it has worked for me most of the times.
Flippa have solid end users because app developers web developers go there regularly...

•••
I hate sedo auctions. 1 negative is 69 usd 2nd negative not have buyers like we get in flippa in 250 usd package

I think a person needs a premium kind of domain to spend $ 250 but i think if domain gets in " Editors choice " . Premium package is automatically applied

•••

I think a person needs a premium kind of domain to spend $ 250 but i think if domain gets in " Editors choice " . Premium package is automatically applied
Correct but its a luck if domain goes into editor choice..
if domain selected for editor choice then no doubt domain will be sold in high price.
i have no luck yet in it :)

•••
Correct but its a luck if domain goes into editor choice..
if domain selected for editor choice then no doubt domain will be sold in high price.
i have no luck yet in it :)

You need a good domain for that.

•••
•••
•••
While the topic is important, I think we need criteria to fairly rank. Do we mean which is more likely to sell at, or which sell at good price, or that fees are less or have a more responsive/easy system? Also the answer is probably different if you have a $100 or a $25,000 domain name.

•••
While the topic is important, I think we need criteria to fairly rank. Do we mean which is more likely to sell at, or which sell at good price, or that fees are less or have a more responsive/easy system? Also the answer is probably different if you have a $100 or a $25,000 domain name.

I agree with you that this topic is important that's why i didn't make it any poll because most here are senior to me and know more about me. They can give there opinion to make me and others understand more. Like you gave your opinion.

•••

you raise some excel points, which shows you know, there is more to consider.

another point:

to me, you can't mix flippo, namejet, undev,.and afternic, with sedo, unireg and others, because some platforms don't pay any ppc and some do.

..... and even though gobaddy and afternic have a ppc program, you never hear of anybody posting stats or earnings from it

imo…

•••
I would be interested in hearing comments from those who have listed on, and ideally sold on, all of the options listed. I also see a lot of virtue in registrar run marketplaces like that at NameSilo and NameCheap, particularly if you are offering domains at value prices to other domainers.

•••
Afternic used to be pretty decent, this back in 2008 to say 2011, not so great anymore. Sedo is still pretty good, I don’t use godaddy anymore, haven’t since Bob Parsons left. In a very saturated market today, inbound inquires have been my best way of selling

•••
this is a misleading thread.

everyone should be advising everyone else to put their names everywhere. and on as many markets as possible.

and that should essentially be the end of that.

•••

everyone should be advising everyone else to put their names everywhere. and on as many markets as possible.

there are some places, where I won't list, period

and some places where I have yet to list, at.

if I haven't experienced their service, then I wouldn't give such blanket advice, to everyone.

just saying....

imo….

•••

Listing what you want would depend on the intentions of the domainers objective, quick flip , just do it right here at NamePros, you have a large enough audience here to accomplish that, end user, Sedo is my personal preference, Flippa can be productive for selling domains that are premium, but most likely you will be selling to another domainer, afternic is on godaddys platform. No harm in listing names there, but I don’t think the site gets much attention from end users, NameCheap and other registers, expect to sell to another domainer , end users don’t sign up with these registers and search their for sale domain name inventory, to tedious for them to do, so essentially , remember that if you are not targeting end users, list here, there and everywhere domainers hang out, end user targeting is best done where the end user has access to brokerage services, because a lot of end user buyers don’t know the domain industry, so they will seek guidance in finding their domain name, with all that said, I think Sedo offers the end user the services to meet their needs, and begin and complete their purchase. A broker will seek out the end users domain name for them, so places like Namejet and ect domain auction houses do provide the domain name inventory to draw many end user sales

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back