IT.COM

RAMPED.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
Has anyone had any experience in using RAMPED.com?
Never heard of them before so assume they are new?

Noticed the banner ad here at NP, and had a quick scan earlier today.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Folks

Okayies so here is my my unsolicited, unbiased and honest review of Ramped.com

Initially when I signed up I figured oh well, here we go again ..another domain market place. Might as well give them a try, nothing to lose. I wasn't expecting anything out the ordinary or anything special at all. I went through the FAQ and 1 thing that caught my attention was the Free Escrow service for deals over $2000, interesting that a new kid on the block can come out and offer this service when older marketplaces are unable to do so... (not for free). So that kinda gave me a little bit of hope that these guys might be different...I was not expecting much else after that.

I saw they had a $5 listing fee and claimed that domains are vetted properly and all of that and thought oh well... here we go again. So I went ahead and deliberately submitted some not so good domains, some average domains and some really good domains. Expecting most of them to get accepted considering there is a $5 listing fee per domain.

Also expected to wait maybe a week or so until I got any response.... the following day (within 24hours) I received a few emails from Ramped....saying some of my domains were declined, then when I actually read the emails...I was REALLY surprised...they actually went along and provided a personalized response to each domain that was rejected along with reasons why they believed that the domain were not ideal for there market place!!... I WAS LIKE wooooaaah! now that's impressive!!... I logged into my account and saw some of the other domains were still being reviewed and thought okay cool...lets see what happens there..... Then I get another reply with even MORE details and it said whilst the domain has great keywords and it was a good domain it is not suited for their market place, it will probably sell else where... These were actual responses from @McKay Taylor himself so that was even more impressive that he was taking the time to respond to customers himself.

He also mentioned:
We truly only approve listings (after) we know we can actually bring a buyer(s) to the table.
Otherwise we feel Ramped would become just another platform full of cluttered names without any buyers, and names wouldn’t get the right exposure that they need to do well in a auction format. We are working hard to stay true to our core values and hope we can help you along the way as we grow as well!

That's only a small extract of the email I received - the entire mail was written specifically about my domain, it was detailed, sincere and honest.

Some of the domains I submitted where non English domains so they are currently vetting the domains using their contacts and overseas brokers that deal with domains in that language and also doing outbound to see what sort of interest there is.

I was left thinking HOLLY SH*T BALLS!!! Ramped is going to be an industry game changer, if they can keep up the momentum they already have then I can tell you now the other market places are going to suffer considerably. I will be submitting all my decent domains to Ramped...Its been a long long long time since I was down right impressed with exceptionally good service like this.

For far too long Domainers have had to endure absolute cr@ppy service from MOST (not all) service providers... all the way from registrars to market places. We are often treated like we should be grateful for being allowed the privileged of dealing with a certain registrar or a certain marketplace, for the most part we simply just grind our teeth and accept the shockingly poor service. Ramped is refreshingly different, they understand the concept of customer service and they understand that it is us, the domainers who are essential to their success. If we are making money on their marketplace then they are making money. So we deserve to be treated accordingly and it's great to see that Ramped realizes this.

I very seldom take the time to write reviews unless I am extremely impressed.... I can in all honesty say that I am gobsmacked at the exceptional levels of service I have received thus far.

Im looking forward to forging a long term business relationship with the Ramped team.

@McKay Taylor & the rest of the Ramped team: Well done guys, keep up the good work. I'm confident that guys will grow to be one of the preferred marketing places very quickly. :)

•••
How in the world do they expect domainers to list domains on their site when they are charging $5 per domain to list them. Get some traction first before you start charging people. This is exactly why businesses fail before they even begin.

Smart thing to do is give your services away for a few months to gain interest and then once it gains traction you start charging. The truth is it will never work because domainers won't pay 5 bucks per domain to list. There are way to many established marketplaces with traction that are free. 5 bucks PLUS commission is crazy.

•••
The reason for Ramped vetting is to keep a "Premium Auction Marketplace".

When marketplaces (especially auction platforms) allow any names to be submitted, the platform can quickly become "oversaturated", and makes it impossible to get all the names listed the right exposure they need to do well. (We call this "List Blindness").

End users also don't want to have to dig through a pile of (for a better use of the word) "Junk Domains" to try and find a great name for there business.

When end users are looking to buy they want to quickly be able to pick the types of names they are looking for (Generic, Brandables, Short/Acronym) -- Because Ramped Hand Vets we it gives us the ability to categorize each domain we approve.

So a user who only wants "premium generic dictionary .com's" doesn't have to be barbered by made up "brandables" random 4L's.com and so forth.

The goal is giving every name the right exposure it needs! A "Ramped Up" Marketplace ;)

Last edited:
•••
I submitted a a few domains. Fast and easy process. They seem to cater for "higher" quality domains. I got 2-3 .coms rejected , but got accepted on this one: https://ramped.com/auction/goodi.es-44639730.

Also submitted 2 .info domains, waiting approval on those.

Seems they dont accept UK or ZA domains as far I can see.

So far I am impressed.

•••

I know McKay who is a founder. He is a good guy and catering to domain investors being one himself. They are doing a great deal of outreach to bring endusers onto the platform. I would give it a chance and I have just started to myself. I will keep you posted on the results.

•••
How in the world do they expect domainers to list domains on their site when they are charging $5 per domain to list them. Get some traction first before you start charging people. This is exactly why businesses fail before they even begin.

Smart thing to do is give your services away for a few months to gain interest and then once it gains traction you start charging. The truth is it will never work because domainers won't pay 5 bucks per domain to list. There are way to many established marketplaces with traction that are free. 5 bucks PLUS commission is crazy.
The truth behind this decision was simply to keep it in users minds that listing fees will be associated with names that have been approved (down the road).

Every new Ramped user gets 3 free listing credits (which can only be used "if" your name is approved). Its completely free to submit as many domains as you would like!

If and once approved, you then choose whether or not you want to "launch" the listing live to the marketplace. That is when the listing credits come into play. Another way to think about it is if you name cant sell for well over $5 on Ramped it probably won't be approved :-$

We didn't want to build up a loyal user base and then start charging them for every name we approve there after. (when users were used to it being free). There is many new features to come with ramped and that is why there was a listing fee decision. However we welcome to hear any and all feedback.

The $5 listing fee covers more then just a "1 time listing". (if you name is approved) it allows you to list your named on ramped indefinitely.

Since we do "Vet" every name that goes on the platform, you can always Relist (at no cost to you) without ramped becoming cluttered (like other platforms such as Flippa).

It will also allow you (in the future) to park your names at ramped. And be in the Ramped marketplace network.

As it stands right now any user who contacts me (or any members on my team directly), we are more then happy to give you more free listing credits if you have run out.

Just make sure you have enough premium domains listed (and then actually approved) to be able use the first 3 free credits that we gave you to start ;)

Last edited:
•••

Just a thought - maybe you should add "Ramped.com - New Domain Market Place" or something to the title of your thread?.... It kinda looks like a sales thread where you are selling ramped.com when you look at it among all the other threads in the "new posts" section lol... just my 2 cents though. :)

•••
I agree 100% with @Cristi Marin. I really like the UI and vetting process.And I can confirm the 3 free listings. I just got another 3 domains (2 x.info and 1 x.com) rejected. Im glad and agree with this decision. I would MUCH rather list my domains here then on Flippa. My one domain that got accepted already has 2 bids in less than 24 hours. This would NEVER have happened on Flippa as it is too saturated with sub standard domains and everyone is trying to get in the "Most Popular Auctions" list for their domain to even be seen,.

Well done Ramped! I hope that in future you would consider premium .co.uk and .co.za domains as well.

•••
Looks simple and nice. How many payment methods do you provide tp your sellers?

I read this

"" All sales over $2,000 are automatically brokered via Escrow.com — we even cover escrow fees""

What does that mean?

We have partnered up with escrow.com.

So escrow is integrated seamlessly into Ramped. Just go in your Ramped account profile settings, add your escrow email address and everything is set up!

When a name sales for over $2000 USD (to insure safety for both buyer and seller) Ramped automatically creates a escrow transaction in the background between the buyer and the seller via Escrow.com API. There is no escrow fees for either buyer or seller (Ramped covers that).

Instead of having to email back and forth. Ramped creates and opens a little messaging "hub" (similar to iMessage or Google chat) between just the buyer, seller and escrow (with status updates). So it super simple to handle a transaction post sale.

If the name sales for under $2000 USD. We let the buyer and seller decide which payment method they want to use. (PayPal, Escrow, Payonner) etc..

Hope this helps answer some questions :)

•••
I really like the site and it's minimalist design!

Fast and easy verification process and submissions!

I also agree with the $5 fee which will most likely keep away the spam. If it was free you would have had idiots listing hundreds of crap names each day and the review process would take ages.

Great idea to launch this, wish you the best of luck with your venture!

•••
i like that you can share your Listings directly to social media F G T

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 12.55.01 PM.png

•••
Signed up, looks alright. Would like to be able to sort by time left, or by number of bids etc on the list of open auctions
Not to worry. We are constantly performing updates to the platform. We are actually just finishing our stage testing, for the next round of platform updates, will be live soon ;)

Thank you all for your Support here at Ramped!

We are working hard to make a great platform, and are always open to input and suggestions.

All the positive input here only fuels our ability, and pushes us harder, to increase our efforts in better helping our all Ramped members!

We want to thank you everyone for all these great name submissions so far, and are working hard doing the proper "pre-outbound" marketing, and research, to help increase sales for all names submitted and Approved on the Ramped platform.

We look forward to continually growing, and extending our outreach with all of you! And are constantly striving to keep Ramped the premium marketplace that it's meant to be :)

Last edited:
•••
How long does it takes to get domains approved? Its been almost 3 days I submitted my domains, I am yet to get any response mail.
Members are saying they got a response in 24 hours but I've been waiting fours days now...

Thank for all your patience, and your support for Ramped!

We are receiving a enormous spike in both Ramped users, and Ramped user submissions (a few hundred new domains are being submitted for approval almost every 24 hours). We in turn are doing our very best to make sure everyones names are getting the thorough vetting process they deserve.

We know you all are eager to get listed on Ramped, and we thrilled for you excitement! Please remember, we work with any "pre-potential" contacts and leads (prior to names being approved), to help insure you have buyers waiting and ready for your name when it does get approved into auction.

Also right now (without any extra cost to the user) every name that actually gets approved onto Ramped, is then taken individually marketed and brokered to potential end users.

Because of this, we don't want to "overload" the amount of names being taken on at any one given time. We do this to insure you name DOES get the right and the most exposure it needs (if and when) it is approved.

Please note. With that holidays going on this week, not only does it slow down the process for our brokerage and marketing teams to get responses from potential buyers and end users, but we also are giving members of our team time to spend with their families and be able to get refreshed and recharged, and come back ready to continue building up Ramped!

Thanks you all for being loyal and active Ramped users, and we look forward to working with all of you in continuing to make Ramped the #1 place to sale your domains!

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

- McKay

Last edited:
•••
The truth behind this decision was simply to keep it in users minds that listing fees will be associated with names that have been approved (down the road).

Every new Ramped user gets 3 free listing credits (which can only be used "if" your name is approved).

We didn't want to build up a loyal user base and then start charging them for every name we approve there after. (when users were used to it being free). There is many new features to come with ramped and that is why there was a listing fee decision. However we welcome to hear any and all feedback.

The $5 listing fee covers more then just a "1 time listing". (if you name is approved) it allows you to list your named on ramped indefinitely.

Since we do "Vet" every name that goes on the platform, you can always Relist (at no cost to you) without ramped becoming cluttered (like other platforms such as Flippa).

It will also allow you (in the future) to park your names at ramped. And be in the Ramped marketplace network.

As it stands right now any user who contacts me (or any members on my team directly), we are more then happy to give you more free listing credits if you have run out.

Just make sure you have enough premium domains listed (and then actually approved) to be able use the first 3 free credits that we gave you to start ;)
In my opinion the $5 listing fee is so minimal to your profitability that you should get rid of it now before it becomes a reason for domainers not to list with you. Great domains with reasonable commission is all you need to turn a profit. If you approach bulk domain holders that have premium names and offer your marketplace for free then it's a no-brainer for them to list with you. As soon as you say it will cost you 5 bucks a name they will run for the hills. We all know domainers are cheap asses! :)

•••
$5. Seriously? I'd be embarrassed to complain that $5 prevented me from listing my domain on a premium platform that proactively engages end users!

$5. That's what? The price of a Happy Meal?

Thanks McKay, keep up the great work.

Last edited:
•••
Great platform, awesome support by @McKay Taylor

Only premium domains makes this platform different than any other platform and I hope it stays that way.

Guys, I am sure you love your domains but don't submit every other domain you have in your portfolio.. it'll be a waste of valuable time (both yours and McKay's). Only submit great domains.

Thanks.
Thanks @Haris100

While we do love that everyone is submitting lots of names to Ramped, we do ask to try and keep domains submissions as close to Ramped's approval guidelines as possible. As this will help the overall turn around for all domains submitted on the platform :)

--
Another thing I thought I should mention (and realized many users didn't know they had this available to them).

Every Ramped member "gets/has" their own "Auction Profile Page".

This is list of all the names they have approved and are currently in auction. You can customize your profile picture, as well use this page to link and share all the names you currently have in auction.

To find a members page you would just go to Ramped.com/member/@"ExampleUser"

So if your user name was @mckay for example, your public profile page would be:

https://ramped.com/member/@McKay

Just thought i'd mention that for any members who didn't know that already.

Thank you all for the positive feedback, and look forward to continue seeing you all here at Ramped! :)

•••
Looks promising.

You need an urgent re-design though. The minimalist design is hurting my eyeballs.

•••
There are also 3 free credits for first 3 free listings if your domain is accepted.
So, you spend zero dollar in trying out the services of Ramped.com.

•••
Same here @deez007 yesterday when my one extremely niche business got declined, it was properly reasonated of which i received an email. how the domain is cool and why it was declined. was really impressed. Kudos to @McKay Taylor

•••
Just a thought - maybe you should add "Ramped.com - New Domain Market Place" or something to the title of your thread?....

Great idea - although it seems this can no longer be edited. Perhaps @Admin could change this? It is, however, nice to see so many of you comment in what is now a great thread!

Last edited:
•••
It's always great and encouraging to see other domainers do big things!

•••
i think 5$ is absolut ok
it keeps the level up :xf.wink:

if you go for a drink ( alcohol ) you pay also 5$ and you get drunk :xf.confused:
to pay 5$ to get a good chance to sell a domain is fair and smart :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Send 2 domains 3 days ago
wu.rip
dr.credit
No reply

Right now we have received a extreme spike in submissions so thank you so much for your patience :)

Before we approve a name on Ramped we “Hand Vet” each name, and do extensive background research with our brokerage and marketing teams, in order to make sure we can properly market, and find buyers for your domain names.

We only approve names we know we can actually help you in bringing buyers for your names! This way we can feel we did out due diligence in helping you get the best price possible for your domains!

Because of this, our standard approval time takes around 24-48 hours (not including weekends). Sometimes this can be a lot faster if we know we already have a buyer(s) lined up that your name would be a perfect fit for.

However, if we need to take extra time doing research on the name to make sure we did everything we could to find buyers that is what increases the time for approval or rejection.

I hope this better helps answer your question, or any other questions for those who are wondering about the stage of their domains.

You can always check the status of all the domains you have submitted by going here:

https://ramped.com/auctions/yours

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask away.

Thanks,

- McKay

•••
So far two names was approved; one name has a bid already :-o
Keep bidding, because reserve has not metB-)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back