Dynadot

domain R e p i c t a .com + R e p i c t o .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Till Ulen

Impact
I’m considering to sell two domains as a bundle: r e p i c t a .com and r e p i c t o .com. Both are free from US trademark issues, as far as I can tell (I’m not an attorney).

These names can work for an innovative or highly competitive brand that is dealing with pictures.

Given the right end user who is willing to use the name for their new app or company, how much should I ask for it?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A couple things going against these names:
  • They aren't structured in a way that would make them desirable brandable names.
  • A Google search brings up a Namepros thread as the top result.
  • There are many other made-up, pronounceable names of similar length containing "pic" that one could hand register. What makes these special? What is their meaning?
I would put them each up for a couple hundred dollars BIN on Afternic or GoDaddy and see if anyone bites until they expire.

You could certainly wait for an end user to come calling, but you could be waiting a very long time (probably indefinitely).

•••
Thank you, @Joeguy1014.

The meaning depends on what the brand will do. Names like these are meant to be complemented by a descriptive tagline. It could mean: Revolutionize taking vacation pictures. Or: Recreate your childhood photos in 30 seconds.

Would it make sense to have these domains accepted to BrandBucket to get more exposure to potential buyers?

•••
I hear you, it could certainly work as a brand for someone. But the problem arises when you're trying to stand out among dozens of other similar names:

For example: https://www.brandbucket.com/#//www.brandbucket.com/names/search=pic

The question becomes, "why would someone pick this name?"

You could definitely give BB a try. I've been listing names on there myself. No sales yet, but I only have about 25 listed.

Based on personal experience, they likely won't accept these ones. The "re" in front probably doesn't suit their "style" of name. Picta or Picto would be solid for sure.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back