IT.COM

Quick...help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Someone interested in my domains recently contacted me via email and asked:

"Do you have an appraisal certificate for your name ?

I need an independent valuation.

Please note that I don't trust free or unprofessional appraisals.

It can be an appraisal certificate from:

http://www.GreatDomains.com or http://www.FastDomainSales.com or http://HollywoodDomains.com. "

I ordered and appraisal from fastdomainsale and got a decent appraisal figure which I would probably sell the domains for.

Has anyone at namepros had any experiences with any of these companies?

Your thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SCAM. Did this email happen to come from an @rock.com email address?

•••
not sure...

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by armstrong
SCAM. Did this email happen to come from an @rock.com email address?

:bingo:

Scam alert!
PS. Lots of information here on the Namepros site ... just utilize the "Search" feature and enter any of the variables you mentioned, or "rock.com". D-:
You purchasing an "appraisal" is the one and only goal with these folks, IMHO. There is no interest in actually purchasing your domain name(s).
B-)

•••
It's a scam. Run, JGjg, Run!

•••
The Rock is back at it :lol:

•••
Yes scam.

People will contact you and make you get an appraisal from sites they have a interest in financially.

Tell them to order it and you'll take a discount off the apprasial price. Or just ignore them. Of course - no in their right mind would buy a domain at the appraisal price these companies are going to give you.

But truely its a scam.
dont do it.

•••
I'm glad you found our forum before throwing your money away. The "buyer" is a sham, the request for appraisal is being sent out buy the appraisal company to sucker you into getting a $50 appraisal at fastdomainsales.com

These people should be arrested.

•••
This is when a forum like namepros serves its purpose the best IMO. Although some people are savvy and can figure out that this is an attempt to make some money through an affiliate that does appraisals, others may fall for something having not had any experience in this arena. Big thanks from all us inexperienced domainers to the helpful ppl here that provide good info.

•••
Yeah except dumbass me bought the appraisal first :(
I bought it this morning and then realized what was going on...(I suspected it after the 2nd email I recieved.

How can we shut them down?

This is too easy a scam to not do something about. fastdomainsales scam should be reported to the feds.

It's not the $60 bucks that's so bad...it's the fact that they got the credit card #'s

Somewhere here should post a direct link to the "report a scam page" and 20 or thirty people should all report it in one day...have "Eleview" or whatever the hell they're called crawling with feds.

•••
sCammers

sCammers

D-:
sCammers

intisgate a charge-Back via your Card provider

>:(

•••
Is there a feasible way to pre-empt these guys? How about if we send emails to new domain registrants warning them about domain name scams? Would we be spamming them, if all we're doing is sending a fraud alert?

Or maybe just to new domains added into Sedo and Afternic.

•••
shut em down

just need to shut em down...Eleview needs to be wiped out.

Just alert people to the type of scam on a domain sellers information pagepage...tell them to report this scam to the ftc

A few complaints to ftc and bbb help

But I think contacting all new registrants is too much effort.

•••
•••
Do not trust the email JGjg! It is a scam, I used to receive such emails and they let me down a lot :( hahaha

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back