Dynadot

Quick backordering question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am so confused.

Hey guys,

Okay, this is a very stupid question. A domain I want is expiring tomorrow and when I do whois searches on it, it says the registrar is NameCheap.com BUT THEN on other whois searches it says the registrar is Enom; or sometimes it includes something like "Redirected to whois.enom.com".
Who is the actual registrar? :|

Okay now since Enom owns Club Drop, I could only assume that using Club Drop to backorder a name registered at Enom is very accurate? Please let me know if I am right.

Thanks,
Andy

Also: how much will it cost me to backorder a domain at ClubDrop? Is it cheaper to go with a regular or a reseller account? I know the reseller account wanted me to deposit a minimum of $100 which I didn't have last time.

But don't the regular accounts charge like $29.95/yr per domain, plus the $10 backordering free if you get it? So if I am right, on a regualr account, it would end up costing me $40 if they got the name and if I was the only bidder, correct?

I am very confused, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
AndyM3 said:
Hey guys,

... it says the registrar is NameCheap.com BUT THEN on other whois searches it says the registrar is Enom

But don't the regular accounts charge like $29.95/yr per domain, plus the $10 backordering free if you get it? So if I am right, on a regualr account, it would end up costing me $40 if they got the name and if I was the only bidder...

I believe namecheap is an enom reseller. therefore both may be listed in the whois.

Yes, club crop backorders are cheaper with an account through a reseller, whether it's a subreseller or retail account. PM me your complete contact info and I can set you up an $8.95 retail or reseller account (plus bid price).

Also note that you won't be able to add the "backorder" on club drop until it's about 5 days from the drop date, unlike most other drop services that you can add any time.

Last edited:
•••
Well, TBH I used to have a reseller account (but thanks for the offer :)). Anyways, I found out that I had to buy "Enom Points" or something in order for me to be able to get the domain I won in backdropping there once. I ended up not getting the domain because I didn't have the minimum amount of $100 I needed to buy "Enom points" with, which is why I think going with a regular account, compared to a Reseller might be better.

AdoptableDomains said:
Also note that you won't be able to add the "backorder" on club drop until it's about 5 days from the drop date, unlike most other drop services that you can add any time.
What exactly do you mean by that? You have to backorder names 5 days in advance there?

Also: if I stuck with a regular (non-reseller) account at Club Drop. Say I won a name that no one else bid on, how much could I expect to pay overall for it?

Thanks,
-Andy

•••
Please disregard my above post.

I hope I don't get in trouble by bumping this thread so soon. I do appologize for that, I just need to know this right now (and I literally do mean right now)
But I really must and have to know the following to make sure I don't get myself in a hassle.

I have just placed a normal $10 bid on a domain I want at club drop.
Assuming I am the only bidder until it ends it should only end up costing me $29.95 (registration) + $10.00 (catch free) = $39.95. Correct?

•••
AndyM3 said:
Well, TBH I used to have a reseller account (but thanks for the offer :)). Anyways, I found out that I had to buy "Enom Points" or something in order for me to be able to get the domain I won in backdropping there once. I ended up not getting the domain because I didn't have the minimum amount of $100 I needed to buy "Enom points" with, which is why I think going with a regular account, compared to a Reseller might be better.

Reseller accounts require that you pre fund your account for purchases. retail accounts don't. If interested, I can still offer you a retail account at $8.95 pricing that doesn't require pre-funding. I believe the retail accounts just charge the credit card you have on record. Even with reseller accounts, you should get notification that allows you to fund the account in a day or so. Most common questions are answered in the FAQ.

What exactly do you mean by that? You have to backorder names 5 days in advance there?

No, it means they must be within 5 days of being deleted. Unless things have changed recently, you can only enter a name into club drop that's within 5 days of deletion, and you also have to know the exact day to enter it onto that days pickup list. You generally can't add a name that's weeks from deletion or maybe not even expired yet as you can with pool, snapnames, or godaddy. Enom really makes it a lot harder than it should be.

Also: if I stuck with a regular (non-reseller) account at Club Drop. Say I won a name that no one else bid on, how much could I expect to pay overall for it?

With an $8.95 account, $18.95. Assuming you make the minimum bid.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back