NameSilo

Questions about overture

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Two things I'd like to know about overture:

let's say aninterestingname.com is free, I chek it in OVT and it shows 10 (or 100 or 1000) with ext. Is it possible to estimate the traffic it would get when I reg it?
And what about .co.uk names (using uk OVT)?
So, my first question: what is the relation between OVT w/ext and actual traffic numbers

the second one is about historical traffic data: let's say I found a free domain, which by it's nature should get a lot of traffic only in a certain period of year. Can I check somewhere, what the OVT numbers were in January 2004 or September 2003?

Thanks in advance! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No and No

Your research only shows the typin traffic from search engines and does not show and address bar typin traffic which will be unknown.

There really is no sure way to tell until you order it.

•••
Originally posted by identity_00
No and No

Your research only shows the typin traffic from search engines and does not show and address bar typin traffic which will be unknown.

There really is no sure way to tell until you order it.

I understand that, but still, it must in some correlation with possible traffic, or at least give me some kind of general idea of it. Otherwise, why would OVT w/ext be so important when appraising/trading traffic names

•••
If it has a certain amount of Searches with the extension - there's only a chance that you'll get the traffic ... and these results can easily be altered -

But - you can better your chances by paying for results (ppc) -
You just have to make VERY Sure that it will be worth it -

Overture results are really "the Yahoo Monster" now - and I have had better luck just Submitting to free Engines and making sure that any pages I want found are ready per SEO .....

•••
sure the ext is better than nothing.

•••
Alot of people love the OT numbers and identity is correct on his first post. Its all speculation but if you do happen to find a domain with numbers you might as well register it and test the water, if no significant traffic comes out of it you can always post it for sale and I can almost guarantee you will get more then reg fee for a domain with OT numbers including extension.

•••
Someone in anoyher forum asked the same question and one of the suggestions was that expected traffic would be approximately one third of the OT with extension. Of course there is no guarantee whatsoever. I regged 3 typos with OT numbers just to check the theory and the 1-3 ratio seems to be quite accurate actually. e.g. one of these had OT 57 with ext and it gets 15-20 visits dayly.

Maybe I should have asked: If you are looking for a typo, what OT numbers should it minimally have to be worth trying?

I know it doesn't always work ...;)

•••
As mentioned Overture #'s with ext. can be tricky, it is said that sometimes these Domains with ext. #'s are simply resellers checking Overture for just that, domain with ext. results.

I myself wouldnt bother with any Domain with less then 50 with ext., even then it could be all resellers searching for the same info as you, its tricky so beware.

Verify links and Alexa #'s to further support Overture #'s.

Mike

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back