IT.COM

Question...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I sent out some emails to end-users & said they can make an offer or I could provide a price.

When I do this I usually get people asking the price, but any suggestions what to do on people who give you lowball offers & how best to explain to them why a domain is worth a lot?

Their offer was $25, where I am looking for $800 - $1500.

I already included a small bit of why the domain will be benificial to them in the inital email.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cyphix,

What makes you think the name is worth your asking price to that (or any) end buyer and what exactly makes it worth that price?

What's in it for them?

What do they lose if they don;t buy it?

What do they gain if they buy it?

•••
Originally posted by Larry
Cyphix,

What makes you think the name is worth your asking price to that (or any) end buyer and what exactly makes it worth that price?

Well, I'm not offering them 7realestate4u.com.... I'm not going to bother sending out emails for domains that aren't worth anything.

FYI, the domain is birminghamrealty.com...

Cyphix

•••
hehe...wasn't suggesting you were cyphix. I was offering a sales exercise.

If you answer the questions I posted you will have the beginnings of a reply to their offer.

•••
Hehe.... yeah, thanks for the reply... just the first part it sounded like you were implying I should expect offers like $25 because I'm probably promoting crappy names. :)

•••
Originally posted by Larry
Cyphix,

What's in it for them?

What do they lose if they don;t buy it?

What do they gain if they buy it?

He meant it constructively, Cyphix ... and I concur. :)
Good Luck with your marketing efforts here and please keep us posted.

:kickass:

•••
Will do.... I've had 2 replies so far from about 25 emails sent out earlier today... that $25 offer one & someone asking for a quote.

Gotta send out some more later. ;)

•••
Originally posted by Cyphix
Will do.... I've had 2 replies so far from about 25 emails sent out earlier today... that $25 offer one & someone asking for a quote.

Gotta send out some more later. ;)

Bingo!
Keep up the good work, Cyphix! :)

•••
Hey Cyphix, did you ever have any luck in getting some higher offers? I am curious as to how this all played out (or is 'still' playing out, rather).
:]

•••
Thanks for the interest Nem! :)

I received quite a few inquires for the price but once I told them that didn't have much interest. :(

Got some clown who replied that said they would give me "3 cold dollars", I replied with what I was looking for & then you wouldn't believe how unprofessional it got....acted like a child, you'd expect someone in the real estate industry to be more professional in their business ethics.

•••
Sorry to hear that. :|
-It's a shame how some people can act at times. I mean, really... there is no need.

Don't let it get to you, though! I'm sure the right buyer will come along with due time.
-Best of luck!
:]

•••
Got some clown who replied that said they would give me "3 cold dollars", I replied with what I was looking for & then you wouldn't believe how unprofessional it got....acted like a child, you'd expect someone in the real estate industry to be more professional in their business ethics.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. Some people have nothing better to do than be rude or stupid.

•••
Thanks for the support guys! :)

•••
Thanks for the support guys! :)

Excellent stuff! :)
"birminghamrealty.com"
You are targeting potential Real Estate leads in Brimingham, correct? Can you post your initial "marketing letter" to these folks?
I'm supposing Birmingham (in the UK), but have you also tried Birmingham (in the US). Let's work on this one together ... if you wish. Want to be sure we're on the same page as to the intended audience, and perhaps we can fine-tune it and provide more descriptive advantages for its use to these End users.
Please post what you have here ... and we'll walk it through ... if that is acceptable to you. :)

PS. What are to folks doing now at "birminghamrealty.co.uk" or "birminghamrealestate.com" or birminghamhomes.com" ?!? :o

•••
Hey CoolHost,

Yes, I was marketing to the US & UK Birmingham, whatever I could find ;)

Here is my inital email I sent out to them:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I notice you run a Realty company dealing in real estate within Birmingham & I have a proposition for you.

I am selling the prime Realty domain name "birminghamrealty.com" & thought you may be interested.

This provides a very marketable & rememberable location for interested parties to find out information on what services your company provides. Alternatively you can redirect people typing in this location to your current web location.

Can you afford for your competition to get a generic domain like this?

If you´re interested in purchasing this domain name, please reply with your offer in US dollars. If you would prefer for me to provide a price range, I can also do that.

If you aren't interested, I apologize for interrupting your day.

Thank you for your time,

Regards,

Brett Marks
shadowdomains.com"

Seems to be good bait but doesn't reel them in ;)

•••
Sounds like you have enough to get them interested, you just need a little change in your marketing to close the sale.

A couple of suggestions,

1) Since you're the one initiating the contact, you should also be the one to establish the price for the domain. Remove the request for them to reply with an offer. Most people have no clue what price to offer for a name and it's an awkward situation for them. ("Do I offer $50, or is the guy looking for $50,000?')

Have a target price ready for them when they reply with their interest.

2) Consider removing the link to your shadowdomains.com site from your letter. This identifies you as a domain reseller, and some may equate that with being a cybersquatter and be hesitant to deal with you.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
2) Consider removing the link to your shadowdomains.com site from your letter. This identifies you as a domain reseller, and some may equate that with being a cybersquatter and be hesitant to deal with you.

Could not agree more, we seem to find end users are considerably more receptive when we use our web development website as the address.

•••
Thanks for the tips RJ & CenterPoint!

•••
Call or E-mail: http://www.birminghamrealestate.com

:lala:

Have a :$: price/range to offer him, be reasonable and professional ... and enjoy the day! Under the right circumstances, he'll buy the domain from you TODAY, IMHO. :)
Please let us know how it went. ;)

PS. Agree with BOTH points made by RJ and CenterPoint, as well.
Excellent "Marketing letter", Cyphix ... thanks for sharing.

•••
Thanks for the tip CoolHost but I already contacted him initally & he was one of the ones that was interested but didn''t respond after I sent him a price. :(

•••
Birminghamrealty not the best of names for the UK - "realty" is not generally a UK word and therefore limits the recognition potential from UK residents who would be checking for "estate agent" "property agent" and the like - would suggest you concentrate your efforts in the US.

•••
Thanks for the tip CoolHost but I already contacted him initally & he was one of the ones that was interested but didn''t respond after I sent him a price. :(

Ouch!
What was the price :$: that you sent to him?!? :o
If he responded to you, he's likely still interested. ;)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Ouch!
What was the price :$: that you sent to him?!? :o
If he responded to you, he's likely still interested. ;)

I said that I was taking offers between $800 - $1500.

I notice he owns a few domains.

•••
Why did you choose that particular :$: range?!? :o
How many contact have you made for less than this amount (above)?
Hoping this all helps. :)

I should think an easy $250 - $285+ to one of their City's R.E. agents ... of course the more work you do (contacts you make), the higher the likely payoff $$.
Best of Luck here.

:notme:

•••
I chose that range going by what I thought it would be worth to an end-user & by the resller appraisals I got here. I don't want to let it go too cheap as it is one of the prime names for a Birmingham RE company. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back