Domain Empire

Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jason Baudendistel

CEO Wibbets IncRestricted (Market)
Impact
Even though I'm not brand new, I am aware that you are never done learning. If you have a domain and you think you see something in it ,but the majority don't does that make it less likely to have resale value because perception is reality?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe it is diligent to consider the market majority, on a domain. I've got a domain (Doh Name, sentimental, I think its cute) relating to Homer Simpson (D'oh! Name) . To me, its a quirky, fun way for saying "domain". However, in "reality", as we call it ...common opinion will say "that domain sucks" ...and value wise, this is a fair assessment

Doh Name may sell to a Homer Simpson fan that does domaining, making it have value. However, that is the specific buyers perception / adoration for it, than the true realised value of it to the market majority

In summary: Its demand, be realistic with what you have

Last edited:
•••
The only opinion that counts is the registrant's (seller's) opinion. Obviously, a buyer's opinion can matter too, but ultimately, whether it sells or not, and for what price, is up to the registrant (seller) in my opinion.

•••
The only opinion that counts is the registrant's (seller's) opinion. Obviously, a buyer's opinion can matter too, but ultimately, whether it sells or not, and for what price, is up to the registrant (seller) in my opinion.
If a registrant requests the opinion of others, and those opinions are that a name is not valuable, then the registrant can take that information into consideration, or ignore it all together. :)

•••
I believe it is diligent to consider the market majority, on a domain. I've got a domain (Doh Name, sentimental, I think its cute) relating to Homer Simpson (D'oh! Name) . To me, its a quirky, fun way for saying "domain". However, in "reality", as we call it ...common opinion will say "that domain sucks" ...and value wise, this is a fair assessment

Doh Name may sell to a Homer Simpson fan that does domaining, making it have value. However, that is the specific buyers perception / adoration for it, than the true realised value of it to the market majority

In summary: Its demand, be realistic with what you have

Nice. I used to own dohmain in king. Let it drop. Regret it, it is what it is. Huge Homer fan :).

•••
That's the question that is impossible to answer without knowing the domain name.
For example, if the domain is YoBitchComeOverHereAndBlowMe.com then your ''majority'' is right, regardless of how much you may like such a name.
However, if domain is a decent 2 word, just maybe a small niche, or you have a certain strategy for this to sell, or you predict that in 6 months the subject will skyrocket due to trend popularity, etc - go for it. People just don't think the way you think or their strategies and experience are totally different and that's why they won't see value in your name, which does not mean it doesn't have one.
And if it won't shoot - hey, that's a process of learning too, as you mentioned.

•••
hogwash, i wouldntve thought facebook was anything until it was. Its all in how you use it.

•••
•••
If you have a domain and you think you see something in it ,but the majority don't does that make it less likely to have resale value

Hi

it depends on the domain, and who are the "majority" of the people that you ask about it.
are they participants of a particular group, involved in or have knowledge of that subject/niche' or product.

what are their profiles, education, age, etc

some domains can be viewed by the general public and "they will get it", without further interpretation or description
while other names need more explanation, visual connections, marketing etc, for the big picture to be seen.

and that's the difference between domains that "speak for themselves" and those that don't.

which do you have?

imo....

•••
"speak for themselves"
THIS is my portfolio in a nutshell. 100% English key words. 100% speak for themselves names. People need to know before they go.

•••
Full disclosure there are two domains that am trying to make a decision on Brutaladventure.com and Brokenunicorns,com both have some niche possibilities to me but I don't know if I am still buying based off of potential and not tangible value.

•••
Please make post titles more descriptive

•••
Full disclosure there are two domains that am trying to make a decision on Brutaladventure.com and Brokenunicorns,com both have some niche possibilities to me but I don't know if I am still buying based off of potential and not tangible value.

BrutalAdventure is a cool name to me. Extreme tourism niche - excellent opportunities. Not everyone would like it, I see why - ''brutal'' is a word on the negative side, but I think in this case the end user can be found here. I like it.

BrokenUnicorns is more vague. It's catchy name, however hard to imagine a right away niche. It has a chance, however it's very hard to tell how much you'll have to wait, and the selling amount I don't think will be more than mid $$$. Just imo.

But generally speaking it's better not to shoot the names before you get them (althrough understandable, that's precisely the reason - to find out to take them or not), people may cut you easily.
Better buy first with possibility to refund.
So, I'd be fast on taking a decision here, that's for sure.

Good Luck!

•••
BrutalAdventure is a cool name to me. Extreme tourism niche - excellent opportunities. Not everyone would like it, I see why - ''brutal'' is a word on the negative side, but I think in this case the end user can be found here. I like it.

Hi

hah!
i like that assessment and if folks really want that type of adventure,
then....
walk your ass thru the hood after dark, and see if you get brutalized or not

:)

imo...

•••
Hi

hah!
i like that assessment and if folks really want that type of adventure,
then....
walk your ass thru the hood after dark, and see if you get brutalized or not

:)

imo...

That kind of experience? :xf.grin::xf.grin:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 114
•••
That kind of experience?

Hi

i've been thru that too
and though it was a free experience, it still has a cost and a price to pay.

perspectives are a mother...

imo....

•••
Brutal adventure for me brings a land-driven perspective, eg trekking through virgin territory in Canada's far North where a damn bear tore through my gear and got his claws stuck in my one and only gas can for my chainsaw and then tore off through the woods like a bat out of hell with it still stuck to his claws. And that was after he exploded my insect repellents and ruined my food supply.

Wait what was the question again?

•••
That kind of experience? :xf.grin::xf.grin:

<off topic>
That was one funny movie. Die Hard with a Vengeance. Just watched clips on YT. Samuel L and Bruce J. Two legends in one movie​
</off topic>

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back