Dynadot

question Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Prakash Patil

Impact
I want to sell my domain . I need domain broker. How to get connect with domain broker?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Step 1: Find a broker.

Step 2: Contact him.

•••
Unless you have a great domain with high upside, most good brokers are not going to be interested.

Brad

•••
•••
Only a very good name interests brokers. So if you have a good name you can find some brokers here at this forum. Can you give the idea what is your name about like is it LLL.com LLLL.com or dictionary word or category killer?

Last edited:
•••
•••
The purpose of a domain broker is to provide a professional representation of a domain that is universally believed to be of high-value. It is important to keep in mind that very few domains fall into this category.

An easy way to test if your domain is perceived universally to be of high-value would be to put the name up for sale on NamePros in the "Make an Offer" section. If you've watched this section over the years, when someone adds a truly high-value domain, people will contact the person asking the price, asking for a BIN, and some sending low ball offers directly on the thread of $200-$5,000, depending on the name.

If you are not getting this type of feedback with your name, then there is very little possibility a broker would take the domain, because if you cannot achieve the minimal amount of interest among domain investors on this forum, then how would a broker generate 100x the interest in an end user?

•••
Domain brokers are not miracle workers...
Indeed.

And brokers are like end users - if you have good names they will find you, and if your name is for sale or not in use they will propose to sell it on your behalf. They are proactive and not waiting for proposals (which still come in on a regular basis but for not so good domain names).
That's why you never see experienced brokers soliciting domain names from domainers.

•••
I want to sell my domain . I need domain broker. How to get connect with domain broker?
I really don't understand very much. If you are a newbie, why do you need a broker to help you? Shouldn't you first understand this industry? If you are not a newbie, why do you want to make money by selling this domain?

•••
So, now everyone is moving from cryptocurrency to domain?

•••
And brokers are like end users - if you have good names they will find you

I learned the value of a really good domain name when I incorrectly listed a name on Afternic. It was a two-word seven-letter domain, but I only listed the first word (3 letters). Within 12 hours they contacted me asking for a price quote. My other domains have been on Afternic for months with no activity.

•••
I attended part of the How To Work With Domain Brokers expert round table on the last day of NamesCon. Generally speaking brokers handle names at $$$$$ and up. Some brokers handle mainly representing buyers, some sellers, and both. While most brokers handle a range of niches, they do tend to specialize, so a good broker for a high value brandable might be different than one for a strong very generic single word (not that it can't be a brandable). Brokers seem (to me this is not from round table) very different in how they work/approach, so it is probably good to find a broker who has a style that you think might work with your name. The contract you sign with the broker will normally cover things like time and whether it is exclusive, a minimum price, and of course commission. I hope I have most of this correct, going from my memory (which is not usually a good idea :xf.sick:). i think it was said most of the time brokers handle $20,000+ names but there are exceptions when they go lower, and some brokers do handle lower value domains.

Bob

•••
The name must worth hundreds of thousands. Can you share the domain name with please?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back