Dynadot

Question re skinnable players. Thanx in advance.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gm2310

Impact
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a very newbie question or if I posted it in the wrong section. I’m basically in the process of planning my website and before I hire someone to actually do it, I just wanted to get some basic info about what I’m thinking of doing.

In a nutshell, I’d like my main page to feature a “custom-designed” mp3 player that would play my mp3 audio files. The physical appearance of the player would be designed by a graphic designer and then a “skinner” would do the coding. Here are my questions:

1) Is it possible/easy enough to design/program a speaker that actually “moves/pops” according to volume, etc. ? (what would be the basic approach to that?)

2) In addition to the player displaying a graphic “equalizer” while the audio file plays, I would like it to also display a “custom designed” VU meter (a series of lights ranging from green to red according to volume – the physical appearance would be designed by the graphic designer). Is something like this possible/easy to implement? And, again, how would one need to approach this?

3) Would you know of any particular skinnable players that could be very suitable for a project like that?

4) How and where would I go about looking for a good “skinner”?

Thanks in advance, I’d really appreciate your input.
G. M.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would find no need to create it, as many players already exist.

If you want to create it its a very complicated project, I would allow $3k to go into it (because you dont want just the player, you fill need a frontend and backend manager)
search for a coding team in freelancer.com you might get a better deal

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back