NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHonse

Established Member
Impact
Howdy y'all,

So I have a software project from a couple friends and I. While looking for a domain for it, I came across an idea I really liked. Dissipate.com. After contacting the owner through Afternic, it was priced at $19,500. That seems quite high for the domain. Thoughts? Is it worth that much? Are they trying to overcharge?

Thanks,
- SHonse

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

it is the sellers' prerogative to set their own pricing.
as one word dictionary domains are in demand.
and you have to decide if it's worth that much to you.

so, it's up to the potential buyer/ interested party to either buy at that price or try to negotiate at lower amount, if that option is available

otherwise, you can find alternative spelling of that name or a look for different name..

the thing is,
do you look at value, worth of the domain, as is, versus the asking price, today?
or
do you see an investment potential for future and what the name will be worth as brand, attached to a product/service?

imo....

•••
That's a question with a thousand answers.

•••
@SHonse If you're asking my opinion / my feeling of it ...I wouldn't be paying that much. However, this is irrelevant, as I simply don't like it that much at that price point, but you might. Its a question of willingness. If your software project flourishes under the brand (hope it does), so be it

•••
Howdy y'all,

So I have a software project from a couple friends and I. While looking for a domain for it, I came across an idea I really liked. Dissipate.com. After contacting the owner through Afternic, it was priced at $19,500. That seems quite high for the domain. Thoughts? Is it worth that much? Are they trying to overcharge?

Thanks,
- SHonse

Ahh, I apologize. Yes, I was asking for personal opinions on the domains worth. I understand that it's very volatile based on the end-user. But do you personally see this one-word dictionary domain going for that high of a sale?

•••
@SHonse The right buyer, with a suitable use ...sure. I wouldn't rule it out. However, you will find in reality it is negotiated, and the realised price is lower

Last edited:
•••
But do you personally see this one-word dictionary domain going for that high of a sale?

Hi

if price was $38K and you negotiated with the seller to get price down to $20K,
would you feel better about paying that amount?

just asking....

imo....

•••
Single words in dot com are selling at top prices these days and they will be selling at even higher prices in the future since it is a finite market. Personally, I think it's a great price at the current price and if it matches your business it would be a great deal!

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back