NameSilo

Question about US domains

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

pmnd1966

Established Member
Impact
1
Hi there,

is it possible for someone from Europe (Holland) to own a US domain or is this restricted to US citizens.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Registrants in the usTLD must be either:

1.A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) who is a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (iii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions [Nexus Category 1]

2.A United States entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories, or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or territories (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States or a political subdivision thereof, and non-commercial organizations based in the United States) [Nexus Category 2], or

3.A foreign entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories [Nexus Category 3].

So no, it is not possible.

Hope that helps. :tu:
 
0
•••
wow, quick response, but its clear thank you.
 
0
•••
I'm also in the EU, I got a .us domain free from my host (UK-based) who didn't even ask if I had a bonafide reason for wanting a .us name. :)
 
0
•••
REMOVED
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Many times I wish I could have a .us name but I'd rather not cos I dont want to break the rules, being a non US citizen.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back