NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaydesign

Established Member
Impact
Hello.

I'm trying to figure out if .app domains became more popular by now, because we have already sold some like "tutorial.app" and "tips.app".
However, I just filtered the GoDaddy auctions by the .app extension and found the auction of "booksy.app". There are already 4 bids and you have to offer at least $20,999.

I'm just wondering if this means that at least $20,999 has been bid already?

upload_2018-11-30_17-26-41.png

Kind regards,
VayDesign

Edit:
Link to auction:
https://uk.auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=256546970

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Absolutely NO.. what most seller do is they setup listing in min 20 usd bid as soon they have 4-5 bids they raise minimum price so when enduser come they can see alot of bids placed in high price

•••
as you maybe know this is not a bidding auction. and bids here means offers.

however, I'd be very supried if this name received 4 offers already above the 20k reserve. so imo it is entirely possible that maybe originaly seller had min offer =20$ or so.. and then got his offers.. and now they still show as 4 offers. and he raised min offer.

I believe in such cases of raising min offer, previous offers remain and show.. but it is good question I'd apreciate if @Joe Styler could confirm

imo this is much lower quality name than the ones you say you sold before like TIPS.. etc..
but sometimes u never know.. especially when comes to companies bidding unless its TM etc..

Last edited:
•••
Unless the previous offers are clearly visible, this is borderline fraudulent. It's even worse than shill bidding.

Booksy is already an app. Unless booksy.com want to buy it, the .app has no legs.

•••
Unless the previous offers are clearly visible, this is borderline fraudulent. It's even worse than shill bidding.

Booksy is already an app. Unless booksy.com want to buy it, the .app has no legs.

exactly.

however, I still maintain there is the possibility owner had small min before.. like $20.. and got a few lower offers on it.. and then raised min offer to 20k... but the offer count stayed.
the option that seller got 4 offers over 20k so far is not really likely.

otherwise like you say, this is probably going nowhere unless booksy.com wants it

cheers

Last edited:
•••
That just shows there were offers on the domain it does not show the amount of the offer already made.

•••
That just shows there were offers on the domain it does not show the amount of the offer already made.

so the offer counts stay there permanantly.. even if seller raises or changes minium offers...thanks!

•••
so the offer counts stay there permanantly.. even if seller raises or changes minium offers...thanks!
Until the listing is canceled or removed.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back