Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Anyone ordering any .PW domains?

Thanks

Stu

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fools trying to find other fools. failed.
Worked better in the past.
Going to be very hard in the future.
People just don't have enough money to burn anymore.

Most amusing comments are those who quote ONE single sale trying to prove with ONE sale that the extension looks "promising". (from which we don't even know if the reported amount of that sale is genuine or just one of those "sales" where buyer and seller had a "special agreement" to report something :D )

Hundreds of thousands of names registered, one or two dubious $6k sales = good extension !
(wow , you geniuses should teach in business schools with this revolutionary theories)

This "industry" is becoming more and more laughable and even those who should know it better write useless blog posts

http://www.elliotsblog.com/namejet-auctioning-premium-pw-domain-names-9937

Anyway, have fun flushing your money down the toilette with all the thousands of .shit and .pee TLDs

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

The above mentioned sales are not bad at all when one can get 10-20 times the value of the .pw domain registration price. The person who sold those domains would have made a grand or even more, which seems a good enough bargain(keeping in mind the domain extension regardless of the keyword and i dont think the domains were appraised or had any sort of relevant traffic on them).

Who do you think this "person" was ? :D :D

•••
I think these all are garbage, so i will stick with .com, .net, .org, and .co only

I hope you can sell your .com, .net, .org and .co domains for at least as much as these "worthless" domains ( all sold in the last few months)
Movie.to - $ 15 600
Visa.co.ke - $ 6 500
Cache.to - $ 6 030
Play.im - $ 4 500
Register.cc - $ 4 250
Bingo.pe - $ 2 620
Read.io - $ 1 200

•••
I hope you can sell your .com, .net, .org and .co domains for at least as much as these "worthless" domains ( all sold in the last few months)
Movie.to - $ 15 600
Visa.co.ke - $ 6 500
Cache.to - $ 6 030
Play.im - $ 4 500
Register.cc - $ 4 250
Bingo.pe - $ 2 620
Read.io - $ 1 200

Some nice prices for appealing (if not well-known) ccTLDs.

However, .pw isn't very appealing, no matter how you look at it.

(I have one LL .pw, but I'm also aware that it's going to be a hard sell.)

Still, you might get lucky on one or two of yours.

I am surprised at Play.im, though.

I'm holding my .im domains (unless a good offer comes in). As awareness of the new gTLDs is raised, there may be a market for nice-sounding ccTLDs, but I don't see this with .pw.

I think that we're just trying to impart just how difficult the road will be for .pw.

:sick: %%-:|

•••
Movie.to - $ 15 600
Visa.co.ke - $ 6 500
Cache.to - $ 6 030
Play.im - $ 4 500
Register.cc - $ 4 250
Bingo.pe - $ 2 620
Read.io - $ 1 200

That's more of a case of "even the losers get lucky sometimes". Exceptions.

•••
Ah, :( I bought payway.pw and pasteweb.pw

•••
.pw - other names

...energy,power (powerwatts.pw, powertools.pw, powerwind.pw... etc)
.. for a cleaning companies (pure-work.pw...)
... for a wines shop (portwine.pw, perfectwine.pw...)
:imho:

•••
wow, very good ideas,,, here is another idea

.pw - penis whitening

thundersplace.org/penis-enlargement-basics/whitening-the-penis-and-balls.html

•••
put sites up at lend.pw and installmentloans.pw

go ahead and laugh at the extension..maybe one day the extension will laugh back at you.

imho. it comes down to the brand and the brands overall reputation that will define their success.

•••
fyi..to update on my last response to this thread. Decided to drop my .pw's in favor of .pro that I believe is a much more descriptive extension for professionals. Nothing against .pw as they have did an amazing job of accumulating registrants. I just decided to invest elsewhere.

•••
•••
No, not a popular extension.

•••

It's a terrible extension, BUT the pw registry is going to release cc.pw domains on March 28, 10:00 UTC, first come, first serve, at regular registry fees.

http://www.thedomains.com/2013/03/2...ter-domains-on-first-come-first-served-basis/

Domainmonster is taking preorders now.

http://www.domainmonster.com/domain-name/pw/two-character/

I found two meaningful LL's that I thought were worth a try.

If I get one, both, or none, I'm okay with it.

UPDATE: I just sold wx.pw (the only LL .pw domain I managed to snag back in 2013) for $1,788.

This could be a one-off sale or the beginning of a trend, but I just don't know.

Keep your eyes open for any other sales.

In other words, don't go on a .pw binge.

:)

Last edited:
•••
Had to laugh when i saw some of the acronym meanings for PW (yeah i know password too):

Proved Wrong
Profit Warning
Pathetic Wanker

Somehow these meanings match the extension and its chance of success :D
PoWer

•••
I think it will be popular soon as all short Chips .coms endding in W are selling :)

•••
I agree. W at the end can be a plus point for this extension which once appeared crappy. I hope it will do well.

•••
All 4L.pw chip taken
All 6N.pw chip taken

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back