Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Anyone ordering any .PW domains?

Thanks

Stu

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a terrible extension, so I bought one: iam.pw

•••
It's a terrible extension, so I bought one: iam.pw

That's actually quite funny. It's a superb blog name.

I bought locker.pw. I think it could be brandable for a password service. I'm sure I'll get hammered for it...but I don't care.

Sometimes you find a $5 on the floor and feel compelled to waste it.

•••
That's actually quite funny. It's a superb blog name.

Thanks, I'll try to do it justice.

Looks like I may be in a landrush auction with one other person for politics/pw. Any thoughts about a bid limit ?

•••
IAM PW

If I would use it for a blog I would use it as

IAM Professional Worker
IAM Pro-Wrestler
IAM Professional Webmaster

Indeed a terrible extension but a little creativity can make the difference.
It's not how terrible the extension is, it's how you can find the use for it.

•••
IAM PW

IAM Professional Worker
IAM Pro-Wrestler

Think more "controlled by a female" in a "adult"ish context.

I wouldn't bid for politics.pw at all. No real commercial value in a horrible extension.

•••
IMO there are no horrible ccTLDs, maybe low quality in term of market resell, but not horrible.

•••
Cannot picture any great name in .pw? Sorry.

•••
I think these all are garbage, so i will stick with .com, .net, .org, and .co only

•••
•••
•••
IAM PW

IAM Professional Worker
IAM Pro-Wrestler

......or maybe IAM Peter Wabbit...

•••
•••
Sale

QR.pw $6,500

Are you serious?

No extensions are horrible, just a thought. But anyway, no matter what extensions are being rebranded or released .com have always held majority but things have to change.

How easy is it to find a domain name that you want on .com as compared to other TLD's? Its not.

Hence search engines have optimised quality and unique content regardless what domain extension is being used. And yes other TLD's require a lot of awareness but it could be changed.

Other TLD's should be given the same priority as .com but that will not happen because majority of the domain names are sitting on .com. At the end, it should not depend upon the domain extension but should depend upon how well you build your site, how well you market it and how well you get the response.

:rolleyes:

•••
Sale

QR.pw $6,500

I'd be thrilled for half that (for my .pw)

But I suppose the buyer wanted that specific LL combination.

•••
I got The.pw and Life.pw :)
The Perfect World and Life Professional Web :)

•••
But the problem with .pw domain is that most of the spammers have laid their hands on this extension.
Received heaps of spam from .pw domain email extension.

•••
But the problem with .pw domain is that most of the spammers have laid their hands on this extension.
Received heaps of spam from .pw domain email extension.

I receive a lot of spam from .com domains too but good category killer .pw domain will be worth something.
Somebody just paid $ 6500 for QR.pw

•••
Sorry but .pw is absolute junk. Its fate would be similar if not worse than .pro. They are selling some of their A-class one worder in the low XXXX range....

However, if anybody here wants to prove me wrong, show me a decent and developed .pw domain!

•••
True, .eu was a real disappointment. Still got some since landrush, don't even know why do I keep them.

Dude, .EU is actually OK...LLL.eus have done quite Ok from what i've seen :)

regarding .PW,

#1) .PW has no inherent reason for its success. Good marketing is a short term excuse that will cease to produce growth once it is over.

2) It is my belief that .PW was released by Directi's owner to reduce the aftermarket price pressure from .INs. He had stated that alot of his indian customers" couldn't find .in domains that fit their needs(aka they can't afford the aftermarket prices)so he released .PW as a fresh alternative to let those customers get good prices for good keywords.

3) From a domain investor's POV, .PW is still a wild gamble. But guess what/ it doesn't matter!A good number of domainers will always fall for these types of traps.

•••
•••
I disagree. .pw has had a large amount of success and registrations and it can certainly take hold as they have gotten deep into the market before the wave of new extensions come out.

•••
I disagree. .pw has had a large amount of success and registrations and it can certainly take hold as they have gotten deep into the market before the wave of new extensions come out.

Ok dreamers, here is some news for you:

search.pw $280
network.pw $95
money.pw $180
internet.pw $222
gold.pw $250
creditcards.pw $232
account.pw $210
blogs.pw $115
bank.pw $270

http://www.thedomains.com/2013/06/3...the-value-of-a-prime-generic-pw-is-about-200/

ROFLOL :D :D :D

What a disaster.

•••
but the question is WHY? and the 1st why is because the price for each .pw domain today is depressed and that was the explanation why there have been so many regs from China..PW will still wither into oblivion.

Ok dreamers, here is some news for you:

search.pw $280
network.pw $95
money.pw $180
internet.pw $222
gold.pw $250
creditcards.pw $232
account.pw $210
blogs.pw $115
bank.pw $270

http://www.thedomains.com/2013/06/3...the-value-of-a-prime-generic-pw-is-about-200/

ROFLOL :D :D :D

What a disaster.
exactly!! lookat those keywords!! but i hope these didnt sell this low because the sellers sold too early?

•••
I wrote a poem:

Pee Wee
by 3D

Dudes who spent their dough with such conviction
On this poor and wretched ".pw" extension
Gotta bow their heads in shame
For all they have to show for it,
Are some terrible, terrible names.

They thought it was that simple in this game,
It's the thought that counts- so they say
It's .pw babe...
Spare me the play-by-play.

In my opinion, it was the wrong frame of mind,
Look for yourself: .pw is taking them from behind! :'(

•••
but the question is WHY? and the 1st why is because the price for each .pw domain today is depressed and that was the explanation why there have been so many regs from China..PW will still wither into oblivion.

exactly!! lookat those keywords!! but i hope these didnt sell this low because the sellers sold too early?

China is planning to launch a cyber attack by using .pw domains[Just kidding :notme:]

Coming back to the point, .pw never worked before as compared to other ccTLD's but the rebranded version has shown growth and generated decent revenue as compared to almost being non existent earlier.

The above mentioned sales are not bad at all when one can get 10-20 times the value of the .pw domain registration price. The person who sold those domains would have made a grand or even more, which seems a good enough bargain(keeping in mind the domain extension regardless of the keyword and i dont think the domains were appraised or had any sort of relevant traffic on them).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back