Dynadot

Problem solved

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Issue solved, thank you @Joe Styler for the kind helps.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very strange and unprofessional. I mean when you sell a domain they snatch it pretty darn fast right? Hope this is resolved quickly. Every registrar I ever bought from besides them internally did auto immediate pushes after payment. No time for someone to change their mind on the price etc. GD loves to waste our time.

•••
•••
I bought a domain name via Godaddy Auction (Buy it Now) on 22 Oct. I made payment immediately and after one day the payment got verified. This domain name is registered at Godaddy so I waited to receive it soon.

After a few days I received an email from Godaddy Auction Staff, he told me that "We are contacting you today regarding your purchase of *****.com. Unfortunately this domain is under a 60-day ICANN lock and cannot be transferred to your Go Daddy account until after 10/31/2021. On that date we will attempt to initiate a domain transfer to your account, on your behalf."

To my knowledge, the 60-days lock doesn't apply to transfer/changes between Godaddy accounts. This domain name is registered at Godaddy, and there shouldn't be a problem to be pushed to my Godaddy account. I emailed back and asked this question and there's no updates regarding my question.

Then I contacted Godaddy live support, asked the same question. The support staff asked me to hold and he'll seek answer for me. After a few minutes, the live support staff told me he can see this is an Auction Purchase and the domain name is registered at Godaddy so the name will be mine. I asked what if the seller refuse to push this domain name to me then what happens next? The live support staff told me that "Thanks for staying online we have checked, no, there is a 6 days time for the seller to approve, if not, their account is marked under fraud, and the domain is moved to us and then we move to your account as per the terms and conditions of the Auctions."

I replied that I have already waited for 6 days now and the staff replied "Do not worry please wait domain will be in your account. It takes time to move in account, it takes 7 - 15 days."

After one more day, the GD Auction Staff sent me an email that "Thank you for contacting Aftermarket Support. The Seller has responded to my Transaction Assurance Team. They are currently working with them to get this pushed into your account. "

So I waited for another two days until I received this email this morning.

"Thank you for contacting Aftermarket Support. At this time, we are waiting for the seller to complete the account push. Unfortunately, the seller has thus far been unresponsive and has not taken action. Multiple emails have been sent, and the selling team also places phone calls to the seller. We do appreciate your patience, and hope to have this domain delivered to you soon. If the seller fails to deliver the name, we will have no choice but to cancel and refund the purchase, and then punitive action will be taken against the seller's account for violating the Terms of Service as it applies to providing sold domain names."

This is full of contradictions.

I called Godaddy by phone and then the support staff appologized and told me sorry but the two colleagues have told me wrong information.

End of story. Now I'm awaiting for the refunds.
Happens often unfortunately. Some great folk there and some that make stuff up as they go along to get you off the chat. I used to keep track of lots of them but seemed too often to bother.

•••
Happens often unfortunately. Some great folk there and some that make stuff up as they go along to get you off the chat. I used to keep track of lots of them but seemed too often to bother.

Exactly!

•••
I bought one at BIN some 15 days back, domain registered at Alibaba, outside GoDaddy.
It still shows as "Preparing for Transfer" while the domain owner has increased the BIN price at 4.cn 10 times over.

Last edited:
•••
I think GoDaddy/Afternic are fumbling in the dark. If you ask me. It's stories like this which makes me wonder how they grew so big. Just for fun. What if roles were reversed. And Uni had taken over GoDaddy/Afternic :)

•••
Sorry this is happening. You should at least get a clear answer. Can you send me the domain name so I can look into it?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back