IT.COM

.pro What are they?

Spaceship
Watch

Untitled

ThE POwEr oF An IDeAEstablished Member
Impact
Hey guys! I have been seeing a lot of .pro domains these day...... What are they exactly????

I like that extension. It sounds "Cool".

Share your thoughts

Thank you

Untitled

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I was just looking up some things on .pro myself and found this. :tu:

*no I am not associated with them either

•••
Untitled said:
Thanx for that! :)

You are very welcome! :)

By the way, I agree with you about .PRO sounding cool. It has a certain professionalism and flair to it. I'm not sure what the future holds, and the high registration cost obviously makes it an expensive move for speculators, but you never know... stranger things have happened.

•••
-db- said:
You are very welcome! :)

By the way, I agree with you about .PRO sounding cool. It has a certain professionalism and flair to it. I'm not sure what the future holds, and the high registration cost obviously makes it an expensive move for speculators, but you never know... stranger things have happened.

Yep!
Actually It sounds better than .com .......... Really! But justb th cost........ 99$/year is too much. But i will surely register a few

Untitled

•••
I was lucky enough last march to register some ultra premium .pro names. Sad thing is I haven't developed them. I am beginning to do so now.

For me .pro is at it's best when it is linked to a "web services" type name. The .pro "brand" is well known in the tech community and can aid big time in your branding efforts.

Heck even small .biz can get into the act with names like, www.JohnsonTreeService.pro

I think 2006 will be the year of the .pro. At least it will be for me. Currently, I am developing www.wedding.pro, and with www.wireless.pro to come soon after. Weather.pro is my favorite though. I'm thinking Weather.pro ICON on every desktop by the end of 2006!!!!

Last edited:
•••
The Registration Fee is even cooler.
over $99.00 p.a.

•••
I like .pro too, and that's why I regged Domainers.Pro even after the half price promotion.
However I am considering if I need to sell it or dev it or just let it drop this year, since if you cannot make $100 of it annually, you fail.

•••
duskdawn said:
I like .pro too, and that's why I regged Domainers.Pro even after the half price promotion.
However I am considering if I need to sell it or dev it or just let it drop this year, since if you cannot make $100 of it annually, you fail.
Develop it. I developed www.nonprofit.pro which has been live since April 05 and it makes decent money - enough to pay for all of my dot pro registrations and more. Depending on the week, it can be found on the first or second page for the very general search term "nonprofit" on MSN. Today it is in the 12th spot but it has been as high as 4th and hopefully as people link to it, maybe it will finally stick on the first page. Its real use is to develop leads for my consulting firm.

•••
•••
AdoptableDomains said:
That's a bit of an oxymoron sounding name.
:hehe:
:)
I know it may seem odd to those who may be unfamiliar with the nonprofit sector. Often there is a misconception that everyone volunteers, no one pays taxes and that the sector operates in a separate universe from the standard laws of business. The reality is that every nonprofit is a business that must develop sources of income to pay not only for programs and services but also for operational expenses like office space, insurance, business supplies, and usually for salaries. The most significant difference between a nonprofit and a for-profit business is that there are no shareholders in a nonprofit business who make money from the enterprise. Instead the profits generated in a nonprofit are reinvested in the business.

Universities are nonprofits, most hospitals are too and they can have budgets measured in the hundreds of millions of dollars and they pay good six and sometimes seven figure salaries to top personnel. Just my one segment of the nonprofit sector is huge with more than $250 billion donated to charities in the US alone last year. I am a certified fundraising professional and while that does not qualify me personally for a standard dot pro registration, I employ two people in my consulting practice who are credentialed professionals in accounting and medicine. We provide professional business services to nonprofit organizations which is why dot pro domains like nonprofit, fundraising, writing, survey, and a couple more are in various stages of development as they represent some of the key services we offer.

•••
why .pro decide $99 regfee, while some .com is $9. How much is the true cost?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back