Domain Empire

question .pro VS .io

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AKS5

Established Member
Impact
If you were getting a really good exact match premium domain in both .pro and .io extentions...

Which one would you prefer:

1) .io
2) .pro
3) none, would try to find something similar(even if it is less catchy) in .com or MAYBEEE .net

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
3) Try and get the .com

Lots of things to consider here

Are you buying it to develop or resell?
Is the .com already developed?
If not, is it parked or does it have a "Make Offer" on the page
Have you made an offer?
Have you emailed the owner of the .com and asked for a price?

Never settle for weaker extensions just because the .com is taken, you might find the owner has owned it for 20 years and is just about to let it drop? or has no use for it anymore and will sell it for peanuts.

•••
apples vs oranges don't spend any money yet you have lots of reading to do.

•••
•••
•••
If you were getting a really good exact match premium domain in both .pro and .io extentions...

Which one would you prefer:

1) .io
2) .pre
3) none, would try to find something similar(even if it is less catchy) in .com or MAYBEEE .net

Any domain (extension) that you think can make money

•••
Hi,
I would prefer .io,just my opinion

Thanks
Dpakh

•••
i prefer .io because they branding.

•••
I like .pro better, but if its a tech name then go with .io

•••
.PRO

.io only in case when it sounds like ventur.io

•••
My vote goes to Pro for professional business services, IO for tech.

•••
I think it really depends on the term. While .io is broadening, it traditionally has mainly been in coding and tech areas (starting with the Input Output connotation of the extension). Pro on the other hand appeals in particular where it complements a trade or service, in my non-expert opinion. If holding long time, the renewal rates are very different.
Bob

•••
Both are under Afilias, so chances to be blocked are equal. ))))

•••
I think it really depends on the term. While .io is broadening, it traditionally has mainly been in coding and tech areas (starting with the Input Output connotation of the extension). Pro on the other hand appeals in particular where it complements a trade or service, in my non-expert opinion. If holding long time, the renewal rates are very different.
Bob[/QUOTE

@bobhawkes - Thanks for explaining what IO stood for. Knew it was tech, however, didn't know it meant input and output. :xf.smile:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back