Domain Empire

question Pricing strategy to flipp and sell fast

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TDM

Established Member
Impact
What's your pricing and offering strategy to sell average domains fast?

Happy to get any input on this topic.

I thought about:

1. Research at namebright for similar

2. Filter out high and low end sales

3. Get average price

4. Shoot little bit lower with nice tag (199$ not 212$)

5. List on various places (sedo, afternic, flippa, eBay, etc) with fixed BIN

6. Quick turnaround?

Make some sense?
What's your take/advice?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is a simple solution....

Don't fall in lover with your names.

I hear you!
*Big Sigh*

THATS EXACTLY my problem..... with pretty much all the some 2 or 300 domains I currently have in stock

•••
flipping or long term investing

Yeah, thank you for that insights (already had the different models of trading vs investing in mind)

1. study namebio, and figure out what names are being bought, by who, and for how much.
2. go find names that are similar, and negotiate a price with the current owner
3. if the price is less than the recent sales price, contact recent buyers, to see if you can make the deal

Awesome advice, thank you!

Last edited:
•••
yeah @Kuffy!

Sounds familiar. :roll:

How is your overall setup?
(flipping, more into investing, bit of both)

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for that valuable insights @imadoer!

Have you gotten better results with BIN (at your ~300 range]
or with floor price and/or make offer?

Why you not doing flippa (my impression is that you here be able to sell on end user which should cause higher prices?)

•••
•••
This strategy (quick flipping) is perfectly viable, but it's not popular on this forum because it requires a lot of day to day work and is not as profitable as domain investing. Your best chance is to outreach potential buyers as already mentionned in the thread. Be sure not to spam your buyers... If you decide to invest, spend only a limited amount (say 500$) and sell your initial domains before making a new investment.

Thank you for that insight @aramyus!

I guessed that when someone wanted to learn as much as possible.. fast transactions = fast experience and maybe some money to spend on higher value/ investing domains.

But as my knowledge about domaining is quite below zero, i really doubt my ability to pick a good name and see the difference between garbage and potential.. and then wait a half year (probably much longer) just to find out my bogus.

To me, right now it´s not about making a lot of money. It´s about preventing the burn of a lot of money.

Learning by doing.
Burn $ or $$ (not $$$),
Fast but accelerating

Maybe i´m perfectly wrong. That´s why i´m asking your name pro´s here :)

Really appreciate your thought´s - any tips and hints welcome!

Last edited:
•••
wait a half year
Just a clarification: you don't need 6 months to sell an investment domain. You rather need to find out to whom or where you are going to sell your domains.

IMHO, geo domains are an easier way to start: low margins, a lot of work, but very little risk if you buy for 10-20$ and sell for 1-200$ (keep in mind that, even for geo domains, you will very unlikely sell 100% of your domains at a decent price)

•••
With geodomains you think of

citydentists.com or
city.com (cause that smells trouble with that city goverment to me)

•••
Thank you all for that insights and awesome advice!
Greatly appreciated :)

@.NJ example:

if you buy a name and the low range at namebio is around let's say 150 bucks with a median at 400
... would you still shoot for eg 45 (to double up if bought at 20) or you going straight with 120-140?

Last edited:
•••
Yeah fully understand!

Trading vs investing..

•••
Add me on skype if you ever need my username here at gmail i believe - or just joshua hoffer

•••
The best advice I can give is to use the chinese business model ; sell cheap, sell fast, sell alot

Love this! Lots of good info here in this forum.:xf.cool:

•••
Yes well heres the thing - In my opinion a name is a name - If you have blackcat.com - Sure its worth millions to one and a thousand to the other. If you can find the high price then sure - However theres a difference between holding onto names for big sales - Or Flipping names - increasing total holdings with each sale.

If you can sell 30 names in a week for 3 dollar profit each - I think it's alot easier then finding that one perfect sale for a domain.

Dont get me wrong I have every name i own listed on the big marketplaces for xxx / xxxx however while I wait for offers which might never come - I still am selling in and out. Also think about using these low numbers and just substituing them for high numbers.

If you can buy a domain that will EASILY SELL @200 for 150. Sure you might be able to sell it for 300 in 2 years. Or you could just price it to move ...200 - and make 50 bucks in an hour.

What seems more lucrative ($300 dollars to the onlooker) with the investment of 150 - Plus 2 years of registration. plus a whole bunch of missed reinvestments - over a 2 year period

Or 50 bucks in one hour

I would like to ask. Where do you possibly list it? Bearing in mind the marketplace commissions. One has to reap enough profits to keep it going.

•••
if lowering the price can increase domain sales! trust me, I don't mind to give 75% discount! problems is, when buyer say no mean no!:xf.grin: no matter how low the price is!:xf.grin:

I see your point lol I guess the quantity would make up for any 'no's' I'm assuming

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back