Dynadot

Price Requests Starting To Get Annoying.

NameSilo
Watch

NameFu

Professional Design ServicesTop Member
Impact
I've never heard of a price request from Afternic resulting in a sale. I can get a few in a week sometimes I set a price with no response. Have any of you had better luck? After all these years on Afternic they just feel like spam in my inbox now.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I bet it's equally annoying for the brokers, assuming they do respond to all those $20 offers.

•••
•••
@Joe Styler

There has got to be a more engaging more effective way to do this part of your business... Is there a way to make it so that they are committed to responding to a price request. Otherwise this is just annoying. They never result in anything, even if you set a dirt cheap BIN. Price Requests are just a nuisance and I can get dozens a year.. Seems like a waste of resources and time.

Last edited:
•••
We cannot force people to respond to us after we give them your price. You can cut back on tire kickers by raising the minimum offer amount you set on your domains if you want to do that.

•••
We cannot force people to respond to us after we give them your price. You can cut back on tire kickers by raising the minimum offer amount you set on your domains if you want to do that.
Please help me understand. How does raising the minimum offer affect? Are the price Requests from people making offers? I have never done a price request and have no idea how to, so this is good to know. Thanks

•••
There is a problem, using make offer with afternic, it doesnt work...
The only way to use make offer is to list your domains on godaddy auctions and delete BIN on afternic, this way you'll have offers, counters, it will be inside your godaddy auctions account.
For other registrars partners, dont forget to also list your domains on SEDO.

This way all your inventory will work using make offer...

•••
There is a problem, using make offer with afternic, it doesnt work...
The only way to use make offer is to list your domains on godaddy auctions and delete BIN on afternic, this way you'll have offers, counters, it will be inside your godaddy auctions account.
For other registrars partners, dont forget to also list your domains on SEDO.

This way all your inventory will work using make offer...
Aren't Afternic listings also automatically included at Godaddy?

•••
Aren't Afternic listings also automatically included at Godaddy?
Yes but in case of make offer it works differently.

•••
Please help me understand. How does raising the minimum offer affect? Are the price Requests from people making offers? I have never done a price request and have no idea how to, so this is good to know. Thanks
Change the minimum amount a buyer can offer from for example, $20 to $1000, and you wont get as many low offers if they are time consuming to you.

•••
Change the minimum amount a buyer can offer from for example, $20 to $1000, and you wont get as many low offers if they are time consuming to you.
Thanks I'll maje them all 500+ then, but are price Requests simply people making offers? This is such a confusing terminology Joe. If it's just people sending offers then why am. I not notified of how much it is? Is there a page with a clear breakdown of what goes on with price Requests?

Last edited:
•••
This is painful. Like going in store after work today. Shelves are bare. All highways from coast are washed out, people are hoarding again. Not a roll of tp to be had. No milk, eggs, hamburger. Bat soup sounding mighty good.

Joe, he is talking price requests. Not offers. You can set minimum offer at 10k, how does that prevent someone from making a price request?
Only way is put BIN which i did, as i was tired of getting price requests, then when i did, udder silence.
So it doesn’t matter what you set minimum offer at, unless you have a BIN you will continue to get price requests.

My opinion, not namepros. Dont hold them responsible for what I say

•••
This is painful. Like going in store after work today. Shelves are bare. All highways from coast are washed out, people are hoarding again. Not a roll of tp to be had. No milk, eggs, hamburger. Bat soup sounding mighty good.

Joe, he is talking price requests. Not offers. You can set minimum offer at 10k, how does that prevent someone from making a price request?
Only way is put BIN which i did, as i was tired of getting price requests, then when i did, udder silence.
So it doesn’t matter what you set minimum offer at, unless you have a BIN you will continue to get price requests.

My opinion, not namepros. Dont hold them responsible for what I say
Brokers only ask for a price request when they have an interested party or lead. When there is a lead the broker will typically look at what you have in your account and if you have nothing for them to go on they will ask for a price no matter what, cause why not? How do they know if you would accept $200 for the domain. If they see a min offer of $500 and they have a buyer with a $200 dollar budget they will typically ask the buyer to come up in their budget to at least $500 before they ask you for a price because they know $500 is your minimum to even look at it. It is manual and different brokers can act differently but by and large having a min offer of a decent amount will help the brokers and get you less price requests.

Also sorry to hear about what is happening where you live.

Last edited:
•••
These Afternic "Price Requests" are 99% fishing expeditions by lowballing companies and you should reply to the broker that you do not take part in this game and respond only to firm offers above your minimum.

And naturally, you will receive no such offers.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back