IT.COM

.tv Premium Pricing Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Zona

Arizona WildcatsVIP Member
Impact
I have been away from the .TV landscape for the past few months. Can someone enlighten me on how the new premium pricing works?

I am looking at a name with a $250 premium price. Do I understand correctly that I pay $250 the first year only and then "regular" renewal fees after that?

Regular renewal fees would be $29.99 - $49.99 depending on the registrar?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been away from the .TV landscape for the past few months. Can someone enlighten me on how the new premium pricing works?

I am looking at a name with a $250 premium price. Do I understand correctly that I pay $250 the first year only and then "regular" renewal fees after that?

Thanks.
Thats correct.

•••

That is correct ... but the question is WHY does it cost an hefty $250+ Premium price initially? :blink:
Another question still has to do with those existing "Premium" .TV's with hefty annual renewals, IMHO.

Best wishes,
Jeff B-)

•••
Why ? Because Verisign runs the registry and they can do whatever they like. Why are .com pricing going up in July ? Because Verisign runs the registry and they can raise the price.

•••

Thanks.

Premiums can only be held at a few places, I know that many of the premiums were actually $20 per year after initial purchase specifically through enom.tv. This was after March 18th, when I was trying to buy surfing.tv it said yearly renewal was exactly $20.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back