Domain Empire

question Precaution to be considered before selling domain through inbound offers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rohit kalra

Established Member
Impact
I received a mail that our client from Saudi Arabia want to buy your domain .We got your mail id from whois records. Is it real or fake offer. what precautions should I take.I have already listed it in sedo.com but I got direct offer. Please help me

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Earlier it is was a rich client from Japan as far as I remember. Scam. I think they will ask you to provide (to purchase) domain appraisal certificate, from a "service" owned by then scammers, and will disappear after you spend $$$.

•••
Earlier it is was a rich client from Japan as far as I remember. Scam. I think they will ask you to provide (to purchase) domain appraisal certificate, from a "service" owned by then scammers, and will disappear after you spend $$$.
I replied them ,I can't sell directly and kindly make your offer through sedo.com.
Now, waiting for their reply.

•••
I received mail from domain broker and saying that before selling the buyer needs to verify compliance which you order online compliance certification for saudi Arabia law. Is there exist these things
Anyone who can help

•••
It appears that, unfortunately, you will not sell this domain name to this person (or company, or broker). Because they are not real buyers. You should not order anything to sell a domain, such requests are scam.

•••
It appears that, unfortunately, you will not sell this domain name to this person (or company, or broker). Because they are not real buyers. You should not order anything to sell a domain, such requests are scam.
Thanks, I haven't sent them mail again they are scammers who send fake offers and offers fake services like certification etc .

•••
•••
I am wondering then how can we protect our data from these scammers. They can easily find our contact information from whois .I am not using whois privacy protection just because I put it on sale.The broker is also having telegram group which they mentioned on mail id so that they can fool people easily by showing fake messages there and the broker also having their profile photo which may also be fake.I just reported spam in my gmail inbox.I have a domain on godaddy, can godaddy track them ?

Last edited:
•••
I received mail from domain broker and saying that before selling the buyer needs to verify compliance which you order online compliance certification for saudi Arabia law.

These scam clowns have been around for a long time. Just send them an email telling them you know what they are about and that you are sharing all their info on domainer blogs unless they stop contacting you.

•••
These scam clowns have been around for a long time. Just send them an email telling them you know what they are about and that you are sharing all their info on domainer blogs unless they stop contacting you.
I am wondering then how can we protect our data from these scammers. They can easily find our contact information from whois .I am not using whois privacy protection just because I put it on sale.The broker is also having telegram group which they mentioned on mail id so that they can fool people easily by showing fake messages there and the broker also having their profile photo which may also be fake.I just reported spam in my gmail inbox.I have a domain on godaddy, can godaddy track them ?

•••
I have a domain on godaddy, can godaddy track them ?

Possibly, but they wouldn't/don't care about these bottom feeders...if you continue domaining this will more than likely happen to you again. Just learn form it and move on...btw. all my names are on privacy to reduce spammers. Just find a marketplace you like (epik, afternic) and use one of their landers with a make offer link...best of luck to you!

•••
Possibly, but they wouldn't/don't care about these bottom feeders...if you continue domaining this will more than likely happen to you again. Just learn form it and move on...btw. all my names are on privacy to reduce spammers. Just find a marketplace you like (epik, afternic) and use one of their landers with a make offer link...best of luck to you!
In my case can godaddy allow to use privacy protection if I want to sell my domain.
I have listed it on sedo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back