IT.COM

question Potential buyer probably never visited domain / lander page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Got a $200 offer through GD broker service on a domain that's $350 fixed price on lander. The broker service is $70 and buyer is prepared to pay all fees. Makes me think potential buyer never visited the domain.

How often do you guys get offers that seem like the buyer never visited the domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Once in a while i get offers like that.Last one was $350 and I countered and never heard back.Godaddy just makes their $70 in most cases.So many deals fall through.

•••
Got a $200 offer through GD broker service on a domain that's $350 fixed price on lander. The broker service is $70 and buyer is prepared to pay all fees. Makes me think potential buyer never visited the domain.

How often do you guys get offers that seem like the buyer never visited the domain?

All the time. Have sold domains for $2,000 that had a $600 BIN on the landing page. Buyer contacted by email.

•••
I think some buyers feel more comfortable using GoDaddy, so they use them. I also recently got an offer through GoDaddy Domain Service that was quite similar to my BIN on the landing page.

•••
I think the days when most everyone visited the landing pages are gone. That may explain why I get emails asking if the domain is for sale? Why do they ask if it obviously is for sale on a landing page?

Now the trend seems to be to hire godaddy or whoever else to handle the inquiry, even if it means paying a needless fee of about $70 to GD and others. I am sure this is related to the major and ongoing decline in PPC revenue and type-in traffic over past several years.

Last edited:
•••
I think the days when most everyone visited the landing pages are gone. That may explain why I get emails asking if the domain is for sale? Why do they ask if it obviously is for sale on a landing page?

Now the trend seems to be to hire godaddy or whoever else to handle the inquiry, even if it means paying a needless fee of about $70 to GD and others. I am sure this is related to the major and ongoing decline in PPC revenue and type-in traffic over past several years.
Totally agree, here...the cynic might think the real money is in such 'services' and not the DNs themselves.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back