IT.COM

information Post Equifax hack effects. Biometric/Blockchain Domain ideas?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hey. My gf just said something that lit up a lightbulb.

She said (in essence) "So I think either Gov or credit cards or anything financial will go Biometric or Blockchain"

I stopped what I was doing and said WoW!.

she's never been so bright but wow! talk about a woman's intuition?

so what do you think NP?

ok so Equifax got hacked. and now 140+ million American's and some European and Canadians sensitive info is now floating on the dark web I bet.

The solution for these people is to do credit freeze or sign up for the free 1 year equifax credit monitoring service (NOT RECOMMENDED BY EXPERTS since taking this free offer will waive your rights later on to sue Equifax in thee even your info is used to create accounts in your name like credit cards or loans or whatever.)

The problem with credit freeze is also that whenever you need to unfreeze for specific things like applying for new credit cards or loans you will need to pay $5.

Imagine those times you needed to apply for loans? do you only apply to one? or dozens?

now applying for "Free" won't be free anymore!

or you can sign up for LifeLock at $40 a month!

makes one wonder if they did this on purpose to make some serious cash post hack right?

pretty convenient right?

so the lightbulk moment was Biometrics and Blockchain.

Imagine if it didn't matter if your social security or tax id or name and address or birth date was floating round on the dark web?

because for anyone in the future to apply for such things as credit card or loans you would need to input your biometric imprint into some app login. kinda like the single sign one feature for facebook or Google.

and then the connection would be made thru blockchain for extra added safety?

I think it will happen sooner now with all this fear and panic from this hack.

The US gov has been pushing for "tracking" it's population via Biometrics and even RFID chips inserted in our bodies.

People don't like this idea obvious but now that all our info is on the dark web? well fear will be a good motivator to "move the masses" into adopting biometrics and maybe even RFID chip "under the skin" insertion.

They even have Tech Tattoo's as an option now to add to the "cool factor"

how would it be powered?

Google Power Felt and you will "get it"

This is just my Sunday Ramblings. lol What do you think?

post below!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
I think you should be nicer to your girlfriend... xD

lol she has a double bachelor's in Business and Nursing. but currently isn't working.

and I have no degree and I run my own company.

go figure! but she's smart though. jk jk.

•••
lol she has a double bachelor's in Business and Nursing. but currently isn't working.

and I have no degree and I run my own company.

go figure! but she's smart though. jk jk.

oh and trust me. She calls me "Dumber than a bag of hammers!" lol

•••
I had a similar idea. With public key cryptography it would be difficult to have a similar breach.
We even can access our scores for free.

•••
I had a similar idea. With public key cryptography it would be difficult to have a similar breach.
We even can access our scores for free.

just the simple idea of blockchain where each transaction is stuffed into a blockchain and sent down the line.

Imagine the money to be made per transaction ie mining?

and if you add biometrics to it?

remember me saying this on here.

inventor of whatever this would be?

I'll be expecting a residuals check in the mail! lol

•••
just the simple idea of blockchain where each transaction is stuffed into a blockchain and sent down the line.

Imagine the money to be made per transaction ie mining?

and if you add biometrics to it?

remember me saying this on here.

inventor of whatever this would be?

I'll be expecting a residuals check in the mail! lol

Already 7 financial institutions use our credit score for those who don't have a cibil score (equivalent to FICO in India), believe me I think the solution we will present will be really apt and beneficial.
I hope my team can work out a great solution here.
#smeloan

•••
It seems Chiasso,Switzerland wants to be called "Cryptopolis"
and I own the domain name cryptopolis/ch

•••
She said (in essence) "So I think either Gov or credit cards or anything financial will go Biometric or Blockchain"
Yes, of course biometrics is the solution, even after the massive OPM data breach (millions of fingerprints stolen). One small problem though, you can't change your fingerprints like you would a password. Once the data is compromised, it's game over.
People will never learn.
Give your biometrics to your government and they will own you forever. Not to mention they can track you down with face recognition already.
It's not the solution, it's the problem.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, of course biometrics is the solution, even after the massive OPM data breach (millions of fingerprints stolen). One small problem though, you can't change your fingerprints like you would a password. Once the data is compromised, it's game over.
People will never learn.
Give your biometrics to your government and they will own you forever. Not to mention they can track you down with face recognition already.
It's not the solution, it's the problem.

I agree totally with "big brother is watching" scenario totally sucking but progress marches on. there's too much money to be made by the developers of such tech and everyone in Gov has their hand out to push agendas.

Sadly this is the state of affairs today.

as for OPM breach. good reference but....Banks get robbed and vaults get broken into on a regular basis.

I don't see banks losing customers yet.

The following day of a robbery. people still walk up to the teller and deposit money.

there are no perfect solutions. just "good enough till it breaks" type solutions. in the meantime while no one is awares. billions are being made in the the process of these developments.

The right domain can be a part of that equation.

•••
The point is, if your credit card is stolen, you are issued a new one with a different number and new PIN code. At least you can contain the damage.
Passwords can be changed.
If I steal your fingerprints (super easy, be careful if I invite you for a drink somewhere and pick up the glass you've used) I can easily clone them.
Thus you are exposed to permanent identity theft.
The techniques involved are very rudimentary and not high-tech, check out ccc.de for example. Everybody can do it.
I'm not talking about a theoretical risk but things that are already happening today.
Just paving the way for the golden age of identity theft.

•••
The point is, if your credit card is stolen, you are issued a new one with a different number and new PIN code. At least you can contain the damage.
Passwords can be changed.
If I steal your fingerprints (super easy, be careful if I invite you for a drink somewhere and pick up the glass you've used) I can easily clone them.
Thus you are exposed to permanent identity theft.
The techniques involved are very rudimentary and not high-tech, check out ccc.de for example. Everybody can do it.
I'm not talking about a theoretical risk but things that are already happening today.
Just paving the way for the golden age of identity theft.

you think biometrics will stop at Fingerprints.

face?
eye?
DNA?

or even those Biochips inserted under the skin the Gov seems to be pushing?

or combination of all of thee above with say portable password rotation device you keep with you at all times?

something that tells you the password to your account at that precise hour? that "explodes" after 1 hour? or 10 minutes?

I'm no expert and I just thought of that.

wonder what the real smarties come up with ?

•••
you think biometrics will stop at Fingerprints.

face?
eye?
DNA?
Ah. Samsung Smart phones can still be fooled with pictures or other tricks. And many people post pictures of themselves on FB or anywhere else on the Internet...
What I mean is, don't fall for the hype. Personally I'd rather invest in privacy- or security-related domains. This is the exact opposite.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back