IT.COM

discuss Possible sanctions for Russia and Russians in the field of domain names

NameSilo
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact
The authorities of Ukraine turned to the ICANN with a request to block the domain zone .ru and other domain zones of Russia.
Is it possible to block all domain names owned by Russians, that is, in zones .com .org .uk , etc.?
Now there are restrictions and sanctions for Cuba and Iran for the zones .cu .ir .
Probably there are restrictions for other states. But how wide are they? Can similar or even greater sanctions be applied to Russia?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
In this video, the machines are toy, but they are also given real machines. The Soviet Union was considered a militarized state and was preparing to fight the capitalist system, but in the Soviet Union children were not dressed in military uniforms in preschools. The initial military training was from the age of 15. In terms of the degree of militaristic madness, Russia outdid the USSR.
This is called patriotic education. From childhood, they are brought up and prepared for aggression against other states.
I have kids of age up to 15 but no military uniform. Maybe I'm doing something wrong... Well, no one I know has it either.

•••
•••
Exactly, if this was an attack on the US, the Russian domain names would be confiscated. Why not do it now, when Ukraine courageously defends world democracy from a totalitarian country?

•••
Russia is preparing a law on the confiscation of copyrights for electronic circuits and software of countries that have applied sanctions to it, and you are embarrassed to confiscate domain zones and domain names from it. In addition, Russia is likely to confiscate leased Boeing and Airbus passenger planes. The confiscation war began. In war, the one who thinks faster and shoots faster wins.

Last edited:
•••
Russia is considering confiscating the assets of foreign companies leaving Russia. And you are embarrassed to confiscate domain zones and domain names. The confiscation war is in full swing.

•••
I mentioned this in another thread, but ICANN should be a neutral 3rd party and treated like a regulated utility.
They should not be messing with people's domains, the DNS root servers, etc.

If private companies take some type of action that is another story, but ICANN should (and will) stay out of it IMO.

Brad
Have there been other discussions of this on this forum before?
But does ICANN have the technical capabilities to implement the sanctions I'm talking about (blocking Russia's domain zones .ru .РФ ...)?

Last edited:
•••
•••
And yet this blow will be weaker than the blow of bombs that can be made with hydrocarbon money. Corruption in Russia and theft of money can save the truth from this.

•••
I don't know about trading, but few Russians want to have assets in these 40 countries.

•••
everything related to that topic is related to domain names.
Really LOL

Reality is, Namepros has appropriate section for political sh*t like this. Did you know that? Welcome in reality.

Last edited:
•••

Russia is a militarized country to the limit. They go there in military uniform from the age of five and dream of destroying you. It is difficult to consider them uninvolved civilians.
Well, it's every child's dream to be a soldier.. I've seen such things in many countries. Doesn't mean much.. What is being said in that video anyway? It seems like a ceremony of some kind.

•••
They go there in military uniform from the age of five and dream of destroying you. It is difficult to consider them uninvolved civilians.
Sorry, but that's bullshit.

Last edited:
•••
We would have a hundred volunteers who would have flown here on those F16 bought in the military department, and we would have easily won.

•••
If there was a domain name system and ICANN during WW2, would ICANN allow the domain names and websites of Hitler's Germany to operate, or would it take action against them?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back