Dynadot

Possible NNNN .in buyout

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Recently there has been a lot of activity going on the NNNN .in market.
More than 50% of the NNNN.in has already been registered most of the prime chinese premium numbers are already gone.
There are still quite a few number without 0 and 4 are still left but they way things are going I guess within a month all will be gone.

I have attached the list of available 4n.in without 0 and 4 from 1000 and 7000 series

Attachments

• available 4n.in.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 33
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use apis from registrar

•••
•••
•••
•••
Just started the scan, most of them with AAAB patterns are available. Not any good for investment unless good names.

•••
Just started the scan, most of them with AAAB patterns are available. Not any good for investment unless good names.

In fact, since Chinese investors can register tens of thousands of domains in only 1 day, this has no real meaning. The day they decide .in has value, it's too late to register the good patterns :)

But the fact that .in whois server has low query limit can be a brake to bulk investment. I wonder why .in registry has this ridiculous limit... In 1990 okay, but today...

The second point that limit bulk investment in .in is that .in registry forbid selling .in names in auctions. If I'm not wrong, GoDaddy add .in extension to their auctions a few years back, but .in registry contacted then to remove the extension...

Last point: if we compare bulk Chinese investment in .co, if the bubble explodes, investors have Colombian domains in their hands... Which are bad investment regarding the Colombian economy... On the contrary, .in is associated to a powerfull economy, with large number of Internet users. Not comparable :)

•••
Honestly I think there are too many other good names you can register, like there are still a lot in .com, .net or .org.

As to the CCTLD, .ca, .uk, even .us have so many good names but they require the local connections which prevent outsiders from speculation.

For myself, I prefer to register .ca, because there are still so many LLLs, and NNNNs like patterns with 888. In the long run, they have a better chance of being in great demand.

.IN's NNNNs will be either a long waiting game or a pure luck speculation hoping the Chinese will invest or speculate because of no reg restrictions. Just my two cents and I did register 2 .IN domains for fun.

•••
How does everyone create the list of possible combinations to check? PM me if no one wants to post publicly.

•••
•••
•••
all double and triple 8's NNNN.in are gone. Just registered few of them having one 8''.

•••
How does everyone create the list of possible combinations to check? PM me if no one wants to post publicly.
There used to be tools available for this years ago, but I haven't found one recently.

•••
•••
•••
But the fact that .in whois server has low query limit can be a brake to bulk investment. I wonder why .in registry has this ridiculous limit... In 1990 okay, but today...

The fact, that you don't need to call the whois to check the availability everytime. The trick lies in first doing a mass checkup of the list for the active nameservers. So it will filter out most of the names. Yes, there would be some false positives as there would be names that are registered but have no active DNS so it would first show them as un-available. You need to do a second pass of them with Godaddy of 500 each. The fact that you had filtered out most of the names, a 10-12 passes then on Godaddy would complete the scan.

•••
I have just scanned 1000 to 9999 , which is a set of 9000 names and 4186 names are available , roughly around 54% names are registered and 46% names are still available.

Please find attached list of available names... Still there are good amount of chinese premiums not registered...

Good Luck for those interested to register.. the overall available commodity is only 9999 , so its certainly there is a probability of these turning into be valuable assets.

Attachments

• 4N_25Oct.txt
    36.8 KB · Views: 26
•••
The fact, that you don't need to call the whois to check the availability everytime. The trick lies in first doing a mass checkup of the list for the active nameservers. So it will filter out most of the names. Yes, there would be some false positives as there would be names that are registered but have no active DNS so it would first show them as un-available. You need to do a second pass of them with Godaddy of 500 each. The fact that you had filtered out most of the names, a 10-12 passes then on Godaddy would complete the scan.
Yes indeed, that's a clever approach! But I'm not sure (Chinese) bulk investors are able to do this. Maybe? The drawback is that you can't perform stats on whois data (country of registration, drop dates, etc...)

•••
•••
Does anyone have an example of a developed NNNN.in?

•••
•••
•••
Is that a special deal at 1and1 or their normal price? I haven't used them for years. They were very shoddy back then. Have things improved?
The way things looked a few days ago, it looked like nothing much had changed with them in a very long way. I love TLD-list for staying on top of these sorts of things, but they don't always do a great job at saying what's a standard price and what's a sale, first-time-accounts-only price.

•••
Hummm, It seems Mr. Qu Jiawei, from China, registered hundreds of NNNN.in today... Everything remaining without 0 or 4 has been registered!

•••
now thats a good news to be honest.

•••
Not surprised, any one with deep packets, its the right investment in long term... .in is much stronger extension than many other CCTLDs extensions. IMHO, .in is under valued at least 10 times its potential... .in will certainly a great extension to bet for the future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back