Dynadot

warning Possible GoDaddy Phishing Email making its rounds

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

So I got this mail early in the morning.

Obviously I didn't click the link cos it's clearly a Phishing scam, a very poor attempt I would say.

None the less, just giving everyone a heads up:

Subject: Status Alert: Suspicious activity Notification # 4529

Dear (They used my First Name and Surname)

We've detected suspicious activity on your Account on Fri, December 2, 2016, 3:38 am.

For security reasons please confirm your email address.
https://sso.godaddy.com/email.aspx?rid=d2cd33e9c0236a8c2d8bd3fa91ad3acfKirwNbUQB5KdzsYh nhRf2II6mZ8pRPAS7VkIlTn5n0=

If you don't verify your email address, we're required to temporarily put your website on hold until verification is complete.*

Thanks for being a GoDaddy customer.

Sincerely,
GoDaddy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please do not reply to this email. Emails sent to this address will not be answered.

Copyright 1999-2016 GoDaddy Operating Company, LLC. 14455 N. Hayden Rd, Ste. 219, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 USA. All rights reserved.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Gt the mail lastnight to asked godaddy staff was told to ignore it,i nearly clicked it though

•••
Gt the mail lastnight to asked godaddy staff was told to ignore it,i nearly clicked it though

Woah dude, good think you didn't fall for it.

It was a really badly done email with lots of "red flags" - The first give away would have been the dodgy "from" email address. Second was that there was no use of the normal Godaddy graphics that they use on all their email correspondence and the third was the fact that they were threatening to put a hold on my website lol...

Last edited:
•••
Woah dude, good think you didn't fall for it.

It was a really badly done email with lots of "red flags" - The first give away would have been the dodgy "from" email address. Second was that there was no use of the normal Godaddy graphics that they use on all their email correspondence and the third was the fact that they were threatening to put a hold on my website lol...
yh when i saw .ru was alarmed and figurd it was a careful crafted scam,the scam artist keeps getting advanced daily..lol

•••
yh when i saw .ru was alarmed and figurd it was a careful crafted scam,the scam artist keeps getting advanced daily..lol

I remember seeing a really really good one a long time ago... perfectly done and even the email address looked almost legit. They used GD colors and their logo aswell. I almost fell for it, the only alarm bell was something small that I noticed and thought I should look closer... I cant rememebr what the actual word was but they pluralized a word that is not normally pluralized in English.. so the sentence read a bit odd.... had they not done that I would have probably clicked the link...

•••
I remember seeing a really really good one a long time ago... perfectly done and even the email address looked almost legit. They used GD colors and their logo aswell. I almost fell for it, the only alarm bell was something small that I noticed and thought I should look closer... I cant rememebr what the actual word was but they pluralized a word that is not normally pluralized in English.. so the sentence read a bit odd.... had they not done that I would have probably clicked the link...
That sucks they should all be listed in the hallofshame webiste or better still hallofscammersif theres anythn like that lol

•••
That sucks they should all be listed in the hallofshame webiste or better still hallofscammersif theres anythn like that lol

The scary thing is that if they are still doing this sorta stuff it means they are getting results, I hate to think how many people (non domainers who don't know any better) have lost their business domains and company domains names at the hands of these @ssholes.

•••
The scary thing is that if they are still doing this sorta stuff it means they are getting results, I hate to think how many people (non domainers who don't know any better) have lost their business domains and company domains names at the hands of these @ssholes.
Yeah so true,and godaddy is not doing anything to curb it if you mesg their customer care they wont even tak it to serious,which sucks

•••
I got one of those - I don't have any domains at godaddy. Nice try, idiots.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back