Dynadot

discuss Positive one word names for a counselling / support service?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Truespin Domains

Top Member
Impact
I'm helping someone establish a (non profit) service that supports people with counselling / therapy. Been trying to think of a positive one word name and thought I'd ask the name pros...

Don't worry about domain availability, but what would you go for?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
robustaus.com

Holding up and holding strong with learned resilence

•••
uphold
fortress
guiders
solace
elevate

•••
Not sure what word(s) to use, but depending on the Service/Word I might consider the .ORG extension. That extension sometimes works well with non-profit services...

Good luck!
DN

•••
Help, freedom, light, rise, smile, growth, power... and many more... but words similar to the first three are the best, imo.

•••
•••
•••
I sometimes think it is easier to use 2 word names for charities. Something like LiveStrong (I know this is an existing charity but I'm using it as an example).
So things like mindhealth, growinghope etc could be good.

•••
•••
uForward.com
Counselling and Support Services

moving you forward, in life, to recovery, to wellness

:)

imo....

•••
I might pick something with a symbol of perfection or life force in it, like Yggdrasil or ZenRoot, ZenRock, Camelot, Valhalla. This may sound a little provincial, but perhaps counseling places are sort of provincial. Names like Thrive or BeWell which came first to mind are great domains but are so broad and brandlike that they sound like giant pharma companies. uForward is a decent one.

•••
•••
I'll add this one also

Promise

•••
•••
Well

Prepare

Coach

(full disclosure; i own DidWell . com, WellNook . com, Preparem . com, Prepable . com, Coachful . com) :xf.wink:

Also own:

Contente . com (french for being Content with themselves)

Appluased . com (positive reinforcement and recognition)

Goalis . com (reaching your goals)

YouAdviser . com (your personal adviser)

PathJump . com (jump start on your life path)

Last edited:
•••
Uplift
Uplifted
Uplifting
Allay
Alleviate
Unburdened

•••
Sponsor.org just sold for 4.2K on NameJet yesterday. I was very close to buying it.

Would have been the perfect domain for this project by the sounds of it. 4.2K would have also been an absolute bargain as well.

The person you are helping should have come to me lol

•••
If they want something positive for counselling / therapy, they can opt for .life domain names,
like good.life, better.life, kind.life, calm.life, friendly.life, happy.life, etc, ..this style of names.
(disclaimer: some of those are mine).

Last edited:
•••
Kittens

Grown cats can be annoying, but everyone heals around kittens :)

Was it just keyword suggestions, or you looking for domains too?
Nice to think outside the box; for example, chicken soup is a comfort food but also long considered healthy for when you're sick; hence 'Chicken Soup for the soul' book series.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Some interesting suggestions. It will be challenging to find a single word unless it is a brandable word that is still available, or available at any reasonable price (depending on extension). I would try to work words like healthy, listen, help, empathy, understand into whatever the word is.

In terms of extension, I agree with those that suggested that .org would be great, but also agree fully with @lolwarrior re .life being a great option to consider. With the .life extension you could have only a single word before but a two word phrase including the extension.

Another, probably quirky in this context, option would be the new .icu. I see you is a perfect metaphor for a counselling service. A lot of good names are available at premium but reasonable prices.

•••
I'm helping someone establish a (non profit) service that supports people with counselling / therapy. Been trying to think of a positive one word name and thought I'd ask the name pros...

Don't worry about domain availability, but what would you go for?

I have names that would be ideal for this purpose. (budget permitting)

Support.org
Bestrong.com

•••
•••
•••
healingbrains .org comes to mind as a good one to use.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back