NameSilo

Portfolio problem

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've just set up my own web design website, but as I don't have a portfolio yet, I think people who will visit my website won't trust my services and will go for other webdesigners. Can be a good idea to create a fake portfolio until I will build up a real one? Or there is any other solution?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do stuff for forum members cheaper than you would normally charge until you have enough examples to fill up your portfolio.

•••
I would avoid faking a portfolio if you wish to present yourself as trustworthy.

As posted, offer deals to members of forums at knockdown prices to give you some exposure and the opportunity to build a portfolio of different types of websites.

•••
You can do me a job if you want pm me payment on completion.

•••
What I did when I first started freelancing is I offered design services for NP$ and then I've made that as a way to fill up my portfolio AND a way to improve my web design skills. :) Become better then make real $$$. :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi,
Are you willing to do any freebies, or super discounts to build up your portfolio?
What do/can you do, as I have a few names that could do with some work.
Thanks,

Mark

•••
Hi,
Are you willing to do any freebies, or super discounts to build up your portfolio?
What do/can you do, as I have a few names that could do with some work.
Thanks,

Mark

You also have a PM. :hehe:

•••
Making a fake portfolio is a no no, build your own original one. We can help you out as well just in case:)

•••
I would suggest creating a free web design and releasing it under Creative commons or other license to build your reputation.

PM me if you are still looking for more work to build your portfolio.

•••
I first begun freelancing is I suggested conceive services for NP$ and then I've made that as a way to load up up my portfolio AND a way to advance my world broad web conceive skills.

•••
At starting, you should get work from your local resources and try to build a name in your local market by doing some quality work and then upload your sample works in portfolio link.

Upload fake portfolio is not a good idea at all, as your visitors may contact those companies and for sure it will not be good for your reputation.

•••
This is not a good idea for making a fake portfolio.

•••
Exactly, so be honest with your customers and your business and I am sure it will give you benefit in the future.

•••
If you are good designer? you can show right example at the spot.

•••
yup, very true you should never make a fake portfolio because it can bring risks to the business and your customers

•••
yup, very true you should never make a fake portfolio because it can bring risks to the business and your customers

I totally agree with you.

•••
By fake do you mean passing off other people's designs as your own?
This is a no.

Or do you mean creating sites for non-existent clients?
e.g. create a site for a flower shop that doesn't exist.
I don't see any problem with this.

(And like others say, some cheap work wouldn't hurt).

•••
To begin, you should get the job of local resources and try to build a name in the local market to do a quality job and then load the sample of works in the bond portfolio.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back