IT.COM

Porkbun ACH Only Accounts with Discount Pricing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SlackJawedYokel

Established Member
Porkbun.com
Impact
Hello fellow domain folk. I wanted to let everyone know about a new type of account that we've rolled out which allows us to do away with the usual markup we include due to credit card fees incurred on typical transactions. We can now flag accounts as "ACH Only", making funding via ACH the only method of payment these accounts can use. Essentially, you have to attach a US bank account to the Porkbun account and then deposit account credit via ACH. It's the typical setup we've all seen before where you add a bank account and then verify it via a couple of small deposits. Once the account is verified, deposits from it into your Porkbun account can take up to 5 business days.

Here is a page which shows current pricing for this type of account: https://porkbun.com/products/domains_ach

Here's a knowledge base article with more in depth information: https://kb.porkbun.com/article/181-how-save-even-more-by-paying-with-ach-bank-transfers

A couple of caveats are 1) the bank account must be a US account and 2) we'll require that you confirm both your email address and phone number. I know it's a bummer that it's US only but we are looking into ways to save our international customer more money as well.

If you're interested, reach out to our support department! They'll be able to help you get setup and ready to go.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello, why .cloud extension on porkbun went up to 16.16$ for renewal?
It was 8 and cents recently, even no notification to warn about this price increase.

•••
Hello, why .cloud extension on porkbun went up to 16.16$ for renewal?
It was 8 and cents recently, even no notification to warn about this price increase.

The registry for .cloud raised their renewal price across the board for all registrars. We didn't raise it to make more money, the registry makes all of the price increase and we still only make a few cents on that particular TLD. Unfortunately, when registries raise their price we also have to raise ours. We typically announce substantial price changes like this, so if it was not announced I'm not entirely sure what might have happened but I'll look into it.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back