IT.COM

Popusearch??? Anybody having probs?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Good Morning all-

(I hope this is an acceptable place to put this post. If not, please feel free to move it)

Here is my issue! When I opened my "registered and paid for" version of Popusearch today, it tells me that it is going to run in "pirated
mode. This means I only have the ability to check .com and .net.... not to mention, can't even search yahoo, or dmoz. I am really upset considering the amount of $$ I paid to register it.

I am hoping it's just an issue with the server because I can't get to the website either.

Anyone else having this problem? If so, is there any coming back from it? Any help will be most appreciated! Thank you

Fingers Crossed

Jennifer

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Their site seems to be back up. Are you still having the problem?

BTW, before your problems were you having pretty good results with Popusearch? I have been considering purchasing it.

•••
Hi RJ-

Yes, the site is back up and things are back to normal :) I just have to say that Popusearch was worth the money! You can search up to 2500 domains at a time, and not only do you get all the major search engine counts, but it tells you whether or not the domain your researching is listed in Yahoo and DMOZ...and it tells you the alexa rank or if it's even ranked at all! As if thats not enough, it also allows you to run a whois on any of the names your toying with :) I wish you the best of luck, and please feel free to ask any more questions if you have them!

Have a great day-

Jennifer

•••
Just came across this post. Sorry to troll an old discussion but I'd just like to make a comment on the original problem. Popusearch 'checks in' with a server when you run it. If it receives no response or a fake response without the correct info it will default to demo mode. On average the server is down about 1-2 hours per month in total if that. Sorry you had problems and just wanted to let you know the reason.

•••
Originally posted by ManicGirl
Hi RJ-

Yes, the site is back up and things are back to normal :) I just have to say that Popusearch was worth the money! You can search up to 2500 domains at a time, and not only do you get all the major search engine counts, but it tells you whether or not the domain your researching is listed in Yahoo and DMOZ...and it tells you the alexa rank or if it's even ranked at all! As if thats not enough, it also allows you to run a whois on any of the names your toying with :) I wish you the best of luck, and please feel free to ask any more questions if you have them!

Have a great day-

Jennifer

interesting old thread.
thanks
popusearch for
the resurrection:lol:

where is this mean
machine
located??:tu:

•••
Hello Redhippo-

You can download the trial here -

http://www.popusearch.com/download.php

It's a great demo for testing it out! You don't get all of the options, but it should give you a good idea of what you'd be dealing with. All I can say is once I tried it... I had to buy it :)

The only negative thing I can think of is (and it may just be my computer) but, I find when I run the searches, I can't really do much else. The program seems to be working so hard that it seems to halt all other windows and applications. Other than that, I only have good things to say about it :)

Good Luck!

Jenn

•••
Originally posted by ManicGirl
Hello Redhippo-

You can download the trial here -

http://www.popusearch.com/download.php

It's a great demo for testing it out! You don't get all of the options, but it should give you a good idea of what you'd be dealing with. All I can say is once I tried it... I had to buy it :)

The only negative thing I can think of is (and it may just be my computer) but, I find when I run the searches, I can't really do much else. The program seems to be working so hard that it seems to halt all other windows and applications. Other than that, I only have good things to say about it :)

Good Luck!

Jenn

grreat. thanks a lot Manicgirl:gn:
going over there
to check it
out
B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back