Dynadot

Pool.com Rant

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Whats wrong with them?

I swear I'm never gonna use them again. Ever.

I backordered and won a name with them.

Two days later they send me the required info about my registrar (some weird German one).

However, three weeks after acquiring my name, the Whois STILL hasn't been updated.
Of course when I contact them, they say that I should resolve it with the registrar.
The registrar, it seems, doesn't even understand English. I've written countless emails to them, but no response.

I can control the name in my control panel, redirect it to a different nameserver. But the Whois is still not updated.

On the contrary, Snapnames always gives me my name within two days and I've had much much better registrars. Heck, a couple of my $60 backordered names were registered at eNom...considering that registering a single name at eNom itself costs $25, that's a huge steal.
And I'd use Answerable.com any day for regging domains.

Pool.com sucks.
If a Pool.com rep happens to be reading this, please ask your company to take its head out of its a**ho*e. Its not a good view, as your company might like to believe.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yep it is a nightmare

can you get the EPP code and transfer it away

•••
its under the 60 days no-transfer period so I can't even do that.

•••
sashas said:
its under the 60 days no-transfer period so I can't even do that.

Maybe ask a German-speaking NP member to craft you an email asking how to change the Whois info?

•••
Ronald Regging said:
Maybe ask a German-speaking NP member to craft you an email asking how to change the Whois info?

PM me, maybe i can help with german.

•••
How about this from babelfish?

Home › Tools › Babel Fish Translation › Translated Text

Babel Fish Translation Help

Auf deutsch:

Hallo, Ich kaufte vor kurzem domain.com und Notwendigkeit, die WHOIS Informationen zu aktualisieren. Können Sie mir bitte helfen, zu verstehen, was ich tun muß, um dem WHOIS registrant Informationen zu erhalten aktualisiert für dieses Gebiet?

Danke,

======================================

Hello,

I recently bought domain.com and need to update the whois information.

Can you please help me understand what I need to do to get the whois registrant information updated for this domain?

Thank you,

•••
Thanks mbuna!

Now if someone could just verify if that was right...

•••
•••
I won a name on a German site a couple years ago, and had trouble reading the interface. I used google language tools to translate the text, but found that the interface would even have been confusing in English. I waited a couple months and after a couple failed attempts finally transferred it out.

Every couple months I go through my pool and snap history to see what I registered. Those that are a few months old, I transfer to my normal registrars. NEVER wait until the last month or so to transfer, since you may have troubles. do it 4-6 months before expire and you can redo several times until you get it out if necessary.

•••
mbuna said:
How about this from babelfish?

Home › Tools › Babel Fish Translation › Translated Text

Babel Fish Translation Help

Auf deutsch:

Hallo, Ich kaufte vor kurzem domain.com und Notwendigkeit, die WHOIS Informationen zu aktualisieren. Können Sie mir bitte helfen, zu verstehen, was ich tun muß, um dem WHOIS registrant Informationen zu erhalten aktualisiert für dieses Gebiet?

Danke,

======================================

Hello,

I recently bought domain.com and need to update the whois information.

Can you please help me understand what I need to do to get the whois registrant information updated for this domain?

Thank you,

This sounds better:

Hallo,
Ich habe vor kurzem domain.com gekauft und möchte die WHOIS Informationen aktualisieren.
Können Sie mir bitte erläutern, was ich tun muß, um dem WHOIS registrant Informationen zu aktualisiert für diese Domain?

Danke,

(Eng:
short time ago i bought domain.com and want to update whois information.
Can you explain, what i need to do, to update Whois registrant information for this domain?
thanks)

•••
thanks a ton Zoki
I'll mail them this thing and see if something happens.

Rep added.

•••
thanks

just short change (i was too quick today morning) :(

Können Sie mir bitte erläutern, was ich tun muß, um dem WHOIS registrant Informationen zu aktualisiert für diese Domain?

replace with:

Können Sie mir bitte erläutern, was ich tun muß, um dem WHOIS registrant Informationen für diese Domain zu aktualisieren ?

•••
I would actually include the whois info you want to change and ask them to do it for you.

•••
thanks Stub. That sounds like a good suggestion.

•••
Hey Sashas, please contact me and I will ensure your request gets addressed as quickly as possible. My direct email is [email protected] and you can recah me by phone at 613-221-1207.

•••
Thanks Richard
I just sent you an email

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back