IT.COM

Pool.com $60 blocked at signup

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

I tried pool.com for 5 expiring domains, not a single one of these was catched by pool.com, so now i don't need pool.com anymore, but my $60 are still blocked.

How long have i to wait to have my $60 back?

I'd like some feedback, thank you all in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think you will get back ;)

•••
I have lost over $300 with Pool.com.

I am never using them again.

•••
they've never done that to me. VIsa/MAsterCard will clear the authorization in about a week has nothing to do with pool...

authorization /- a real debit from a card . . .

•••
I think you will get it back.

•••
I don't think they get the money.. it's only an authorization

•••
i'm still waiting, 2 weeks are gone.

and they still don't catch a single name :td:

•••
wOw thnx for telling im surely not going to use them :S

•••
Pool is realy sucks , never use them

•••
after 2 weeks and a half i asked support, in few hours i had my $60 back and they told me, as in FAQ:

"The $60 pre-authorization charge is held in most credit card accounts for
approximately 72 hours, and is then released but the length of time the
pre-authorization charge is held for can vary between credit card companies."

Maybe the 2 events (my email and the $60 back) are unrelated. But it's funny.

•••
yeah seems quite coincidental or fishy lol
Oh well , at least you got your money back.

•••
thanks for sharing this and alerting on Pool.

•••
They probably invest yours and the other thousands in short term money market and spin a dollar.

Who knows, this is probably their "real" business and the domain names thing is a front lol

•••
When I was a credit card merchant, I recall authorizations that were not used to complete a purchase cycled in 30 days. It may changed since then.

•••
They don't have control over the money, they just do a hold on it. Allot of business do this, but if you've waited longer than 7 days you should contact your credit card agency and let them know.

Before you actually use a drop catch service like Pool, you should look to see who the domain name is registered with and then choose between Pool, GoDaddy, ClubDrop, or Snapnames.
A quick run and sparse run down goes as follows: Enom names will go to ClubDrop first. Network Solution, Register, Dotster will go to SnapNames first. GoDaddy gets their own. Pool, I really am not sure who they have agreements with... but supposedly they are the IT drop catch company (with SnapNames & Enom in 2nd and 3rd).

If anyone can tell me who gets first dibs on 1and1 and Moniker names, I'd appreciate it.

•••
guys, this is how credit card work. . . ever tried to fill up at a gas station? it will authroized up to $20 more than what you pumped . . .

•••
lets assume you backorder a name ...

why would you do it?
Are this the best and fastest way of securing this?
If i were to be online and buy it when it becomes available but someone else has backordered it, who gets priority???

Thanks for the answers!

Rosh

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back