IT.COM

Poll for Name Protection Product Concept

NameSilo
Watch

Which brands do you prefer for protecting your domain from loss or impairment?

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
I previously invited input for a new brand name for a product/service that protects domain owners from unforeseen risks and provides optional insurance against economic loss. The concept was introduced here.

After a few days of reviewing domain submissions, we now have a screened list of prospects for this project and are looking for some input on name selection before making a final decision.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Liked NameSeal.com of the lot.

Short, crisp and easy to recall.

Must say that I was disappointed that my entry NameAttest.com did not make it. It had the credentials to be in the most likely list. Pity.

Last edited:
•••
Late entrant that was on the bubble for me but want to hear from others:

DomSure.com

Hot or not?

•••
Liked NameSeal.com of the lot.

Short, crisp and easy to recall.

Must say that I was disappointed that my entry NameAttest.com did not make it. It had the credentials to be in the most likely list. Pity.

Yes, but there is a simple reason. Your asking price was $15K for a me-too hand registration. Next time, bait the hook by presenting the name without presenting the price. I am sure you would have accepted less but by presenting me a hand-registration for $15K, you take me for an idiot. Guess what, I am not. Pity.

•••
•••
Hi Rob, you mentioned about name assessment report and domain protection ? Or only domain protection ?

•••
Yes, but there is a simple reason. Your asking price was $15K for a me-too hand registration. Next time, bait the hook by presenting the name without presenting the price. I am sure you would have accepted less but by presenting me a hand-registration for $15K, you take me for an idiot. Guess what, I am not. Pity.

:ROFL::ROFL:

•••
Hi Rob, you mentioned about name assessment report and domain protection ? Or only domain protection ?

It is both -- assess and insure. The assessment feature will be free like a domain appraisal (see appraise.epik.com), but then if you want to protect the asset for what it is worth, it will cost you a premium that reflects the value and the risk. I believe the reports will break even or lose money, but the insurance product will make money assuming we can re-insure against the catastrophic scenario of a $1 million domain name going missing, e.g. through insurance fraud. Could happen.

•••
Sure, it's a hand-reg, but aren't all domains at some point.

I'd understand your frustration if the name was registered within the past week, but it is ~2.5 years old?

Idk, that just seems harsh to me.

I quite like the name(seal) for this project, either way (compared to the other options presented.)

My 2.5 cents.

GL!

EDIT: seems Rob was arguing the price/quality of another name, not NameSeal.com. Agreed!

Last edited:
•••
Sure, it's a hand-reg, but aren't all domains at some point.

I'd understand your frustration if the name was registered within the past week, but it is ~2.5 years old?

Idk, that just seems harsh to me.

I quite like the name(seal) for this project, either way (compared to the other options presented.)

My 2.5 cents.

GL!

Seriously, it is a few days old:

upload_2019-9-25_7-23-44.png

I am glad for the business -- he bought it for $5.49, less than cost.

I would have tested it since the name is not bad. The issue was that I was annoyed by the outrageous asking price.

Contrast that with the current front-runner: VettedName.com, which was a late entrant. That was a name I bought after the poll started because a Nigerian domainer suggested it. I think he told his friends to vote for it, so the poll might have a little bias on that one. The competition is still wide open.

•••
SORRY -- I totally thought we were going on about NameSeal/com!

Ya, agreed, that name isn't at all premium.

Cheers

•••
SORRY -- I totally thought we were going on about NameSeal/com!

Ya, agreed, that name isn't at all premium.

Cheers

NameSeal.com is still in the running. The branding could be slick.

•••
•••
After reading all the content about purpose...

And going through the list of names...

NameProtector.com

Screaming to get votes.

Actually it is most perfect name in the list than anything else for the mentioned project.

It got my vote...

Not my name... don't care who is the owner.

Thanks,
Ravi

•••
I don't have a horse in this race so I may analyze later (or not...don't want to offend anyone needlessly) but I will say there are a couple real 'barkers' in this list.

It seems there were a few more entrants, based on earlier thread posts, that were clearly better than some on the list. I have only taken the time to check two of the names offered, so there may be history issues on some of those names that caused them not to make it.

Just for giggles, why not in the future post/poll any and all names that are submitted (as long as they meet basic criteria) and then poll that list down to the top 25 for the second vote. Then take that list down to a final top 10 as indicated by votes. Also, require that each person that votes in the final round does so in the thread so we can be sure there is no impropriety in voting (company/employee voting, friend voting, etc.) as is demonstrated by the current front runner.

EDIT: I don't have any issue with a late reg at all. I've regged a few over the last several days that are quite good...my hope is that Rob's product takes off so much that a new niche for names will be born as the competition smells the profits!

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for choosing my NameAssurance.com and I have voted for the same. Hope this product is best for insurance products. Assurance is a synonym for insurance

@Rob Monster thanks for these new projects and these domain suggestion competitions, it really helps us to find new names as per requirement and obviously developing our skills in finding new domains for handregistration..

•••
I don't have a horse in this race so I may analyze later (or not...don't want to offend anyone needlessly) but I will say there are a couple real 'barkers' in this list.

It seems there were a few more entrants, based on earlier thread posts, that were clearly better than some on the list. I have only taken the time to check two of the names offered, so there may be history issues on some of those names that caused them not to make it.

Just for giggles, why not in the future post/poll any and all names that are submitted (as long as they meet basic criteria) and then poll that list down to the top 25 for the second vote. Then take that list down to a final top 10 as indicated by votes. Also, require that each person that votes in the final round does so in the thread so we can be sure there is no impropriety in voting (company/employee voting, friend voting, etc.) as is demonstrated by the current front runner.

EDIT: I don't have any issue with a late reg at all. I've regged a few over the last several days that are quite good...my hope is that Rob's product takes off so much that a new niche for names will be born as the competition smells the profits!
I like your idea really, but I believe there will still be friends helping each other when it comes to voting and that cannot be avoided at all.

•••
I will go for vettednames cos it looks brandable "My Opinion"

•••
I like your idea really, but I believe there will still be friends helping each other when it comes to voting and that cannot be avoided at all.

Of course there will be some of that...I know I would vote for my own name! :xf.smile: But that would be visible on the last round.

No matter what the vote is anyway, the person/business that runs a poll like this would have the final say...but it would be interesting to see if anyone would ever run a poll and commit to go with the results no matter what...it would be a hoot if a contest like that would happen!

•••
Hi Rob,
I respect and value you. Frankly this comment did sound harsh to me. You are right that, I might have quoted on the higher side but, being an industry veteran you could have ignored the pricing and focused on the domain name ..NameAttest.com. But it seems that in your focus of the 'unacceptable' price you did not pursue the domain and, more importantly, felt 'upset' about the pricing.
These things will happen. No point in being harsh. I hope you bloom and prosper. Cheers!

•••
Hi Rob,
I respect and value you. Frankly this comment did sound harsh to me. You are right that, I might have quoted on the higher side but, being an industry veteran you could have ignored the pricing and focused on the domain name ..NameAttest.com. But it seems that in your focus of the 'unacceptable' price you did not pursue the domain and, more importantly, felt 'upset' about the pricing.
These things will happen. No point in being harsh. I hope you bloom and prosper. Cheers!

All done in love. We are family here. Just wanted you to know why so others could learn. You actually have taught a human behavior hack when selling domains, but also selling most things. Never lead with price.

•••
After reading all the content about purpose...

And going through the list of names...

NameProtector.com

Screaming to get votes.

Actually it is most perfect name in the list than anything else for the mentioned project.

It got my vote...

Not my name... don't care who is the owner.

Thanks,
Ravi

Funny story on that one.

It was listed at Dan for $280. @Leopard suggested it and I thought he owned it. I did not realize that it was in a public marketplace. Well, someone quickly bought it. Clever bugger. :)

•••
Funny story on that one.

It was listed at Dan for $280. @Leopard suggested it and I thought he owned it. I did not realize that it was in a public marketplace. Well, someone quickly bought it. Clever bugger. :)
Only issue is, not to many people have a use for it, except for yourself. So they got a shiny object with a limited market use if you decide to pass, or they got you to pay them an X something multiple for the name.

•••
Seriously, it is a few days old

I am glad for the business -- he bought it for $5.49, less than cost.

I would have tested it since the name is not bad. The issue was that I was annoyed by the outrageous asking price.

I am not talking about this specific name here, but the fact that a domain might have been just registered should not affect its value, granted that most newly registered domains might not be worth a lot, but you never know when someone might get lucky and register a million dollar domain and so it's best to evaluated each domain on its own merit and inherent value and not necessarily on when it was registered. I think perhaps we need to add this to the Epik University courses. :)

•••
Late entrant that was on the bubble for me but want to hear from others:

DomSure.com

Hot or not?

Not. It's trying to hard in terms of nameplay and it doesn't have that nice 'flow' when you pronounce it.

•••
NameSeal might be the best option, IMHO - combo of 2 4L words with a clear meaning

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back