IT.COM

domain POLL: $150,000 LAST NAME APPRAISAL AT NAMEWORTH.COM? - Kudaibergen.com

NameSilo
Watch

Worth $150,000?

INFJ

I.T. Infrastructure EngineerTop Member
Impact
Kudaibergen.com - WTF? Your thoughts via poll and discussion please. @NameBuyer.com

upload_2019-10-5_13-26-56.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you using algorithm simply from prior domain name sales?? I took the list you have reappraised vs before your 2.0 upgrade and the metrics just aren't there to value those names at your appraisals, i will see if i can sign up with your service and get a real feel for your product and run it through some deep process.

By no means am i insinuating, saying or otherwise that the product is not a good or great product, i am just not acclimated with the NameWorth product at this time, spending a little time with it will allow me to to understand the product and its validity for me.

I think all these products, Estibot, DomainIndex, Godaddy APP , each one serves a different purpose in understanding why a name might be able to sell X amount of dollars and perhaps allows to be able to put a BIN on a domain name that is reasonable and within a range of being able to justify pricing to the consumer through negotiations and ect.

Hello & Thanks.

NameWorth doesn't use metrics from past domain sales. If we know how to price domains, it is really not necessary. If you think about it, when using past sales there is no way to reliably figure out if a domain that sold at $3,500 is an end user price, an investor purchasing a domain, or someone selling it for 10% of it's true value to cover their rent. So if the basis of sold data is not able to be determined, then you really can't use it reliably. So we don't.

That's why NameWorth knows the price of domains before they sell for large amounts. We were the only service that was in-the-ballpark when CBDOil.com sold for $500k. All other major services were showing a price of $790-$16,415. NameWorth was showing $250k. Now NameWorth is showing $600k, and the system has no idea it ever sold. Some of the other services will have an extremely low price, then when it sells, they up their price 316x to adjust, as they did in this case. Just check them out now. Some of them show the value at $500k or so. But before the reported sale, not even close.

So what do these services do when VHSSupply.com is no longer worth anything because no one searches for "VHS" anymore? Wait till it sells for $10? I'd rather sell on the way down than have to liquidate it at the bottom.

There are definitely some indications why the sold domains listed in my post above should be priced at the level they were priced at, because the NameWorth system was able to figure it out and Mike Mann, as the owner of the sold domains, also knew.

Last edited:
•••
Hello & Thanks.

NameWorth doesn't use metrics from past domain sales. If we know how to price domains, it is really not necessary. If you think about it, when using past sales there is no way to reliably figure out if a domain that sold at $3,500 is an end user price, an investor purchasing a domain, or someone selling it for 10% of it's true value to cover their rent. So if the basis of sold data is not able to be determined, then you really can't use it reliably. So we don't.

That's why NameWorth knows the price of domains before they sell for large amounts. We were the only service that was in-the-ballpark when CBDOil.com sold for $500k. All other major services were showing a price of $790-$16,415. NameWorth was showing $250k. Now NameWorth is showing $600k, and the system has no idea it ever sold. Some of the other services will have an extremely low price, then when it sells, they up their price 316x to adjust, as they did in this case. Just check them out now. Some of them show the value at $500k or so. But before the reported sale, not even close.

So what do these services do when VHSSupply.com is no longer worth anything because no one searches for "VHS" anymore? Wait till it sells for $10? I'd rather sell on the way down than have to liquidate it at the bottom.

There are definitely some indications why the sold domains listed in my post above should be priced at the level they were priced at, because the NameWorth system was able to figure it out and Mike Mann, as the owner of the sold domains, also knew.

I was able to get on NameWorth and do my 5 name daily limit, It was pretty spot on with Tier valuation of each name i fed it IMO , I really like how it gives estimation of how many years to a projected sale per end user - reseller- liquidation, although i just spent short time with the tool, what i saw in metrics of the valuations i liked, keeping in mind that NO valuation tool or human being can actually project the outcome of any domain name, I like the "In the ballpark projection" I broke down the $$$ amount of each valuation that the proggy gave me on each name i ran, I found on one domain, fujj.com that it valuated at tier 2, correct IMO, it gave a valuation of 20K i think it was, so if i cut that valuation 50% down making it 10K end user. and that is a decent possibility to happen from an end user with that name IMO, not today, but with projection
of time and the ect valuation factors, Now, the proggy did give me all the valuation guides, meaning end user, reseller and liquidation numbers, which are very important, because if i were to sell fujj.com to a domain investor, of course the price would be a whale of a significant difference, Liquidation? I think it gave me $430 valuation on a liquidation sale. that is pretty damn close, maybe mid to high 300s liquidation, but $430 is definitely a decent possibility IMO.

I will revisit NameWorth today or tomorrow and do five more, I would agree with it staying in the ballpark, it did. granted taking all aspects into consideration of Hold Time vs End User vs Domain Investor vs Liquidation vs Buyer probability.

what i would say about the NameWorth proggy today, Stick your feet into it. look at ALL the estimated metrics given on your domain name, remember the tool is not a number valuation tool, end user is going to be your top dollar buyer of course, but more importantly, look at your other options beside the end user sale , because you are very likely to be faced with those numbers. get the serp term numbers, Broad as well as exact search numbers, deduct on your valuation as you see needed.

Last edited:
•••
Enjoy, and wishing you all increased success in this New Year!

Just wanted to publicly thank you for creating and updating your valuation project. It is much more realistic in pricing than most of the 'standard' systems we have been used to. Keep up the good work!

•••
•••
The latest upgrade definitely improved things. Previously, NameWorth gave me some insane valuations for almost every domain that I checked. Some of them were for millions of dollars. Some for hundreds of thousands. The few I checked now make more sense.

•••
I have not yet tried out the new version but like the changes and additions as described, @NameBuyer.com.

One feature that has been brilliant in NameWorth is the 6 levels with probability of selling within different time periods. I think that type of thinking is essential for properly evaluation short versus long term holding strategies, and the appraisal methods that simply give a single number are missing that, especially since if that single number is heavily influenced by prior sales that are a mix of wholesale and retail.

I like that you keep the previous names we have evaluated in our account in a list, so can review what we found.

Best wishes for this and related projects, and thank you for bringing this to the domain community.

Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back