Dynadot

.net PokemonGo.net sells for $20,950 on DropCatch

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Pokemon Go has been all over the news the last week or two.
People have also been registering lots of Pokemon-related domain names.

According to a tweet from NameBio, PokemonGo.net sold for $20,950 at DropCatch.com yesterday.

To put things in perspective a bit, this will be one of the top 15 .net sales of 2016 once Ron Jackson adds it to his year to date sales report. It will also likely be listed as one of the top sales of the week when the weekly report is published.

I am not sure why this domain name has such value though. It does not appear to have been developed before, so I doubt there is much traffic. It looks like PokemonGo.net has been registered on and off since 2008.
Source

Update: PokemonGo.net : Domain ended up unpaid

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PokeMon is a trademark.

People using trademarks to their own advantage are abusing the mark, since it is not them that added any value to it.

•••
•••
•••
Sounds someone made a very good sale here on the domain name.

•••
•••
Great sale, groundbreaking progress for augmented reality domains.

•••
Great sale, groundbreaking progress for augmented reality domains.

It's a TM game/name, what else would the new owner do with it? It's not a common word, great sale for the owner and bad news for the buyer.

•••
Bad ethics in domaining, some people really do stoop to low levels.

•••
Hhahah classic, as a matter of interest I typed in PokemonHo.com into my browser to see if anyone grabbed it (it's a decent typo cos H is next to G on the keyboard and Ho also means skank...lol)

Seems someone has already grabbed it and has redirected it to some make money online offer...hahahah

•••
And my friend owns pokemongo.in which is a developed site held for sale.
What do u think it can be bought for?

•••
The highest bidder didn't pay and the domain is back on auction at DropCatch.. hahahah

•••
•••
I've seen non payers many different times on dropcatch, makes you wonder if there is shill bidding going on?

•••
This is just a fad that will be gone soon, just like all the others that come and go......I certainly wouldn't be buying any names relating to these crazes

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back