IT.COM

information ‎Pokemon‬ ‎Domain‬ Names!

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
OMG! In the past 7 days nearly 4,000Pokemon‬‪ ‎Domain‬ Names Registered.

iPokemon.com - Dropping in 3 days.

Registered since - 28-apr-1999.

Let's see who catch this Domain Name.

What you all think? Will Pokemon Domain name worth to invest?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wasn't there a thread on np recently that essentially suggested thsoe are trademark problematic domains?

•••
•••
Yes it is a trademark.

So many people register domains without thinking first.

•••
Yes it is a trademark.

So many people register domains without thinking first.

I am damn sure, they will continue. And all the domains registered now, will be on the Expired Domain Auction next year.

•••
What about ChinPocoMon from South Park?lol

Ok ok just did a look see into it and so long as you stick with just "poke" you'll be fine.

Although many are already way ahead of the game. Good luck!

•••
Trademark, trademark, trademark. We domainers should know this.

If you don't, please study a little before registering names. At least for your own good.

From Pokemon.com:

© 1995–2016 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. Pokémon, Pokémon character names, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Wii, Wii U, and Wiiware are trademarks of Nintendo.

Furthermore, you will comply with all applicable laws and legal obligations, including those pertaining to such areas as: copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws, libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, tort, obscenity, indecency, and copyright or trademark infringement. Violations of applicable laws may give rise to civil and/or criminal prosecution and penalties.

Unless otherwise noted, all content on the Service, including articles, artwork, screen shots, graphics, logos, downloads and other files, is the property of Pokémon and is protected by United States and international copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property laws. Trademarks and copyrights for third-party games and characters are owned by the companies which market or license those products.

Last edited:
•••
All taken. In King.

PokeStops
GoPoke
PokeGo
BestPokeStops
TopPokeStops
Pokemob (typo domain)
PokeMom lol
PokeMo

•••
•••
All taken. In King.

PokeStops
GoPoke
PokeGo
BestPokeStops
TopPokeStops
Pokemob (typo domain)
PokeMom lol
PokeMo

Some of these might pass... But I guess it has to do with the content on the site as well. :xf.wink:

•••
•••
Again all of those contain thee entire POKEMON word.

So don't be an idiot. Stick to Poke not Pokemon.

Show me one "Poke" urdp dispute that was won and I'll 100% agree.

Facebook "Poke" anyone?

Yeah, but as soon you develop these into a Pokemon related website, the problem MIGHT come anyway if you are not smart and careful. Maybe you know any examples of developed sites?

•••
Some of these might pass... But I guess it has to do with the content on the site as well. :xf.wink:

Well of course that goes without saying

Some companies will let you "slide" so long as your intent benefits their bottom line.

Example? Every PlayStation and Xbox forums that use the TM.

It's not always Doom and gloom.

As for me I do try to vet my picks. But still tetter tottering on thee edge of TM.

I wouldn't register WalmartVR or anything that idiotic.

But something like WixVR.com where there are tons of "wix" domains being historically sold and documented on Namebio .

W- World
i- interactive
X- Extreme
VR- virtual reality.

This risk of take if for no other potential buyer than China who seems to be buying 5L's now.

•••
•••
Yeah, but as soon you develop these into a Pokemon related website, the problem MIGHT come anyway if you are not smart and careful. Maybe you know any examples of developed sites?

Whoever is registering these are not going to develop them they are going to wait for Pokemon to buy it

•••
I love the huge paragraph disclaimer at the bottom. Would like to know how they make money.

•••
Me personally I'd give it a shot but 4000 domains in week? That's crazy all the low hanging fruit taken already by now.

Last edited:
•••
other domains I saw registered

PokeCN.com
PokeChina.com
Poke999.com (Translates to Poke "Forever" or even better Poke "King".)
PokeKing.com t
PokeGPS.com
PokeFinder.com
PokeHunter.com

This is just crazy! Well I wish them the best of luck. I doubt it will go anywhere. drop next year!

I bet you the domains above are giving you all some "Ideas". like "if they registered those. did they register the reverse?"

I think for this "niche" the "Poke" must be in the front not the end.:rolleyes:

•••
im no tm expert far from it.. in fact I find the whole tm thing quite confusing and sometimes even seems random... but if I understand correctly they can come after you even if you just put it up for sale on a simple sale lander with one line saying domain for sale.. there is no need to develop this or that way.. but.. I guess it can draw Attention to it quicker if you do develop the "Wrong way"

•••
I own own great pokemon domain hit 1000+ email subscibers in 3 days and there is nothing on it yet than a subscribe pop up

•••
I think augmented reality related domains are a reasonable way to get involved in this trend, as people keep talking about it in relation to Pokemon Go, and the popularity of the game might pave way for more AR games.

•••
Again all of those contain thee entire POKEMON word.

So don't be an idiot. Stick to Poke not Pokemon.

Show me one "Poke" urdp dispute that was won and I'll 100% agree.

Facebook "Poke" anyone?

What do you think about PokeCoins.com??

•••
Whoever is registering these are not going to develop them they are going to wait for Pokemon to buy it

or pokemon to sue them?

•••
I own own great pokemon domain hit 1000+ email subscibers in 3 days and there is nothing on it yet than a subscribe pop up

you are kidding?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back