IT.COM

Plural or singular domains ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
what domain has more value, restaurant . com or restaurants . com ? which ones have more value plural or singular domains

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends on the word. Why don't you test different domains you are interested at Estibot.com so you can see what the difference in value is?

•••
Usually restaurant.com would be more valuable than restaurants.com

But in terms of SEO, I don't think there is much difference.

•••
From Estibot.com:
=====================================
restaurants.com: Appraisal USD 2,200,000 *
restaurant.com: Appraisal USD 1,500,000

hotels.com: Appraisal USD 11,000,000 *
hotel.com: Appraisal USD 6,600,000

girls.com: Appraisal USD 6,200,000 *
girl.com: Appraisal USD 2,200,000

cars.com: Appraisal USD 2,500,000
car.com: Appraisal USD 3,100,000 *

There is going to be many opinions about this and I don't think anyone can give you an answer that is true for every domain or even most of them. But in terms of SEO, it will make a difference, but mostly based on the number of searches each version of the keyword gets. And the plural version has a better potential for matching searches for the singular and plural versions, where the singular version may not turn up at all for the plural version searches.

•••
so singular is better for value like restaurant, but do you think restaurants(plural) would be better for traffic ?

•••
singular is better than plural, but in some cases plural are better.

•••
so singular is better for value like restaurant, but do you think restaurants(plural) would be better for traffic ?

When I wanted the domain name piratenamegenerator.com, it was taken. So I registered the plural version, which is piratenamesgenerator.com. It has been getting lots of traffic. So in terms of traffic alone, the plural version has worked for me.

•••
I usually prefer plural. Why? because the plural versions often feel like they have more "coverage" of the subject, rather than a specific one(like singular). i definitely prefer :
tomatoes.com to tomato.com
bananas.com to banana.com

etc

singular domains are good too, but i find the plurals more useful.

•••
My domain plural just laugh automatic got trafic. still don't know why....just lucky...

•••
ask yourself if you were an owner of something (restaurant owner) would you want restaurant . com or restaurants . com , in this case singular is more sellable to a one restaurant owner. Do this with each name your thinking about.

•••
It depends on the fact of what the specificity of your site, sometimes it is better to use plurar, sometimes single.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back