Pls help me

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

ronniesmom

Established Member
Impact
1
i am wanting to develop a couple of my names. I noticed an article in USA Today that recommend using Blogger.com as a free way to start a website. I tried it, but I am confused. Can I not use one of my own names? I currently have my names parked with Sedo. I assume that I will have to "unpark" them?? How does a person find a page with the strange name that they give ie trendyspas.blogger.com. I appreciate any help.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
Yes, you can host it on your own domain.

You will need to host your own domain somewhere. I would poke around there at blogger to make sure your hosting meets the requirements.

It's a bit of a process as their documentation isn't entirely clear. But the first step is to get an account and set up a blog and then start poking through the configuration. I think there are also help forums there (IIRC).

Good luck.
 
0
•••
Thank you. Rep Given

I do not mean to sound dumb, but so I need to set up hosting? How do I do that? Is there a place that will host for free? If so , do I need to discontinue my parking with Sedo? I really do appreciate your time.
 
0
•••
Well, yes you will have to drop your parking on your blogging domain. I doubt there is a place that will host for free because you probably need php. Although I think if you look around you can find something for only a few bucks a month. The first step is to set up a blog at blogger and see what they list as the hosting requirements. Then find a host that meets those reqs.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back