IT.COM

information Please: NEED HELP IN SEDO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

erchaman

Top Member
Impact
Hi friends of NP:

Basically I request help here and not in Sedo help center because it doesn’t answer what exactly I want to know or can’t find.

I am about to make one year in the domaining world, with two sales, done here in NP, but I want to start testing new things.

I have seen how a lot of domains are being sold daily at Sedo, but don’t know the basics about selling there; HERE IS MY LARGE QUESTION:

I need an explanation about how to sell in sedo and how the process it is in case you have a sale, I mean, on Sedo, you write your domains there, and then? Then I think you put a BIN or make offer of the domain you want because you can’t make it in auction unless someone already made an offer, isn’t it ?

What about later? In case someone buy your domain, but your domain is registered with Godaddy, for example 2 days ago, what happens? Do you need sell it manual later or how? Or do you need to transfer your domains at Sedo or what? Or Sedo pick your godaddy domain and autotransfer to the seller? ( don’t think so) .
Please help me with a simple guide how the process is done, since the registration of s domain outside of sedo until you get your cash from a sale made at SEDO.

I will be very grateful, that 4-5 question are killing me softly. Thank you in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"I need an explanation about how to sell in sedo and how the process it is in case you have a sale, I mean, on Sedo, you write your domains there, and then? Then I think you put a BIN or make offer of the domain you want because you can’t make it in auction unless someone already made an offer, isn’t it ?"

Correct.

"What about later? In case someone buy your domain, but your domain is registered with Godaddy, for example 2 days ago, what happens? Do you need sell it manual later or how? Or do you need to transfer your domains at Sedo or what? Or Sedo pick your godaddy domain and autotransfer to the seller? ( don’t think so) .
Please help me with a simple guide how the process is done, since the registration of s domain outside of sedo until you get your cash from a sale made at SEDO.
"

They will ask you to push the domain to their holding account. Then they will give it to the buyer afterwards. My last sale there was very recent and I got paid within 1 day of pushing the domain to Sedo's account.

•••
Thank you for the help ,It is supposed that before bidding, you need to know which registar does the domains belongs to? Because if you sell a domain registered at godaddy sold on sedo, the buyer need to have a godaddy account? How the buyer is notified which registar need to register or login to pick that domain?
Thank you and sorry for my english.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for the help. It is supposed that before bidding, you need to know which registar does the domains belongs to? Because if you sell a domain registered at godaddy sold on sedo, the buyer need to have a godaddy account? How the buyer is notified which registar need to register or login to pick that domain?
Thank you and sorry for my english.

I haven't run into many problems with Sedo however there was one recently where the name could not be transferred and after about a week or so Sedo told me to push it to them instead. So it worked out in the end and I got paid still.

It won't really matter where the name is registered but it's safer to stick to the big dogs like GD, Name, Namesilo, etc.

•••
All right, so that seems there is no restrictions about putting a domain just registered and upload to Sedo.
I supposed that there is no fee to pay for that push or transfer once its been sold.
I will make a threed one day which auction page is better or have more chances your domain get sold, and why same person use at the same time more than one different auction site.I am sure the thread already exist on NP heehehe
Thank you, you help me a lot, from now on lot of work to do :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
but I want to start testing new things

Sedo is just one market place for listing/selling domains...others are godaddy/afternic, undeveloped, etc. I prefer the Epik marketplace (more and more of my domains are registered there to make sales easier) because there is no commission unless you 'cash out' and then it is only 5%. You will have to go to each marketplace and study their policies/pricing and look here on name pros to find threads that address this issue so you can make an informed decision as you continue domaining.

•••
Sedo is just one market place for listing/selling domains...others are godaddy/afternic, undeveloped, etc. I prefer the Epik marketplace (more and more of my domains are registered there to make sales easier) because there is no commission unless you 'cash out' and then it is only 5%. You will have to go to each marketplace and study their policies/pricing and look here on name pros to find threads that address this issue so you can make an informed decision as you continue domaining.
Thank you for the info. In fact, I can’t right now pay godaddy auction monthly fee and the others, I think I should focus on sites that you have a free right to check bid buy sell without a subscription, I think sedo has a monthly subscription too, thats why I should better choose .

•••
I think I should focus on sites that you have a free right to check bid buy sell without a subscription

Yes, save money anyway you can! Sedo has a great interface, maybe the best, but I have never had one inquiry through them that turned into a sale. Others have done well with sedo but the only place I would consider paying a monthly or yearly fee to is efty. Their landing pages are nice, clean and allow for some promotional content.

•••
I have heard something about Efty, but If you check namebio sales history I still didn’t find any from Etsy, almost all Uniregistry Godaddy and of course, Sedo :/ . Meanwhile in Namepros I am reading a lot of people is making sales through Sedo. Don’t know where to put my money to have a chance is this world, you know my beggining, low cash to start... Perhaps I should listing for free at godaddy and then subscribe to Sedo or Efty, what’s your opinion?

•••
Efty is great and the only way they would end up on NB is if the seller submitted it as Efty is a personal marketplace and gets no commission from your sales nor are they involved in your sales.

•••
Efty is great and the only way they would end up on NB is if the seller submitted it as Efty is a personal marketplace and gets no commission from your sales nor are they involved in your sales.
Sure I understand. Thank you. Maybe I will a make a thread asking here their experiencies and advises deeply to compare opinions, and then decide what to do.

•••
but If you check namebio sales history I still didn’t find any from Etsy

Namebio is a great resource, but 0, I mean none, of my sales show up there. As said above, personal, one to one, private, etc. sales only show up there if they are reported to them. Check out efty and epik...it will be worth your time.

•••
Namebio is a great resource, but 0, I mean none, of my sales show up there. As said above, personal, one to one, private, etc. sales only show up there if they are reported to them. Check out efty and epik...it will be worth your time.
Yeah will follow your advices guys, just comparing the monthly fees subs and comissions for sales and then decide then. It seems Sedo got a lot of xxx.xxx and xx.xxx $ sales reported, meanwhile godaddy all 90% are xxx$. So goddady discarted, just for listing only.

•••
I like sedo. Have sold there. I like being able to communicate with the buyer.

•••
I have heard something about Efty, but If you check namebio sales history I still didn’t find any from Etsy, almost all Uniregistry Godaddy and of course, Sedo :/ . Meanwhile in Namepros I am reading a lot of people is making sales through Sedo.

Transactions finalized through Sedo's escrow for leads acquired outside (elsewhere) would, I believe, also appear in the Sedo books accounting for their own sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back