Dynadot

question Please I Need Your Help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Amzymayor

Established Member
Impact
Hi. And thanks for landing here.

Please I received a messaged from a potential buyer about one of the domains I was planning to drop. The domain has long expired since October 16th.

So when I got that mail, I quickly rushed into my namesilo account to try to renew the domain name. But I was slapped with a $75 checkout fee.

Please is there a way to snap this name at the normal reg fee?

Please help me. Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you take that route someone else might register it before you, how bad is your deal that you can't pay the $75 redemption fee?

•••
If you take that route someone else might register it before you, how bad is your deal that you can't pay the $75 redemption fee?
Still waiting for what the buyer's reply would be. I just thought of seeking a solution before the reply comes in. Thank you

•••
I wouldn't take too long thinking about it or you may lose out all together.

•••
transfer the domain name out to another registrar. It will cost u just $8 to do that

•••
also try to expedite the transfer so that it gets to the receiving registrar instantly

•••
@Amzymayor - you technically should be able to transfer out since today is day 44*. NameSilo does NOT charge extra unless they already put this domain into Registry Redemption

Contact NameSilo support directly IMMEDIATELY by email chat or ticket to find out what is going on

If they already put it into redemption, then you will have to pay the redemption fee, and maybe they will give you a discount.

If they already put it into redemption, you will NOT be able to transfer it out to another registrar.

If you want to PM me the domain, can see the whois to see if the codes help shine some light on what is going on

*From and including: Monday, October 16, 2017 To, but not including Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Result: 44 days - It is 44 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Last edited:
•••
•••
I sent a message to support and was told to pay the $75 because the domain is in restoration period.

•••
I have been approached about many domains that are at or near their expiration date. There is a common scam involving a crypto currency where the deal won’t get done unless you give up the cash.

•••
OK so if the domain is ALREADY in redemption (restoration), then Silo is the only way to retrieve it. Registry Redemption is mandatory 30 days. Personally, advise that you do NOT pay until you confirm the buyer is real, it will make no difference to pay today or pay 28 days from now.

Get a firm commitment from the buyer. If you do NOT hear back, it is possible it was a scam. If the buyer is serious, and the profit is worth the redemption fee, take payment upfront, make sure it is cleared, then pay redemption and you can transfer the domain to the buyer. Not sure what the various marketplace policies are on selling a domain in redemption, you won't be able to change nameservers or prove ownership.

Odds are in favor of what @Foggy suggested that it is a scam, although know of a couple legit sales that occurred after expiration.

PS Good Luck!

Last edited:
•••
I have seen threads like this where someone races to get a domain back, only to find out the inquiry was an appraisal scam or something else. Good Luck

•••
Last edited:
•••
Plus, this domain would have been in the expired auctions where it received ZERO bids. If this buyer wanted it, they could have bought it for $1 + renewal a few days ago

•••
There are some jokers out there, making offers on your expired domains so that you renew them, and then they vanish. Beware anonymous contacts.

•••
There are some jokers out there, making offers on your expired domains so that you renew them, and then they vanish. Beware anonymous contacts.
Thanks Kate. I don't even have the $75 to spare on a domain name for now. I've replied their message and have not heard back from them

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back