Unstoppable Domains
 24:01:20:24 

Please help

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by varunsash, Mar 21, 2014

Replies:
Views:

1. verbster

verbster Blue Moose VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

consider it a lesson learned? What nonsense! GoDaddy should have reset the bid to $20.

Does GD have a bidding system that double checks the bid amount: "You are about to bid $1520 for the domain xxxxxx.com. Are you sure you want to place the bid? Yes No"

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. DU

DU Secret Santa VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Next time setup a bogus account using a proxy on pay as you go credit card - bid more than your original bid and then obviously don't pay.

Is it right? No.

But legally you have the right to retract a bid prior to the announcement that the article is sold. None of the domain name auction houses follow any real laws anyway so why should you play along?

I recommend on account for bidding and one for managing your names - that way nothing is ever tied together.

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

They should have reset the bidding to the starting price. Backing out a bid should not revive the prior bid - though in this case I'm sure no one would complain.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

There are too many horrible people in the world... but that was my thought exactly. Then again, I could reverse this tactic too and get a mean moron to win an auction :)

3. varunsash

varunsash Established Member

The problem with Godaddy is that, the first time when you bid there is another screen asking you to reconfirm. But the 2nd time when you are increasing the bid there is no system to double check the bid.

This is exactly what happened in my case, the first time when i bid for 15, it said please reconfirm and it was fine. The 2nd time when i wanted to bid 20 there was no reconfirmation or anything. It just went through.

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

A total of 5 bidders. I know i shouldnt have posted it here, but i didnt know where to go for help.

Next time will be careful.

4. NPer

NPer Very Allergic to CURRY PRO VIP

That is an interesting tactic. :D What a shock it would be!

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Really? After winning, he paid for the domain and accepted the purchase agreement. Did he do this blindly? No, he made a choice. It doesn't sound like they automatically billed him. This doesn't stand in his favor... because there were a total of 5 bidders. Godaddy would ban his account.

The best he can hope for is that the registrant renews it.

If not...

"consider it a lesson learned?"

I'd say so.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

You could have told us the story, but excluded the name.

Hopefully there won't be a next time.
    Double-check before you click.
    Triple-check it if you must.
    Quat-check just for safety. Click.

5. DU

That's my motto.

Before I commit to anything I always do the kum-quat check.

6. varunsash

You guys will not believe what just happened now...

I got an email from Godaddy saying that they could have canceled the bid when i called them up as soon as i did the mistake and they asked me if i would like to let go off the name and take a refund back and i gladly accepted it.

I just received the complete refund for what i paid.

I am super happy with the service of Godaddy and will continue using their service for a long long time.

Phew................What a relief.

7. NPer

Congrats! Was that a response to an email that you've sent them? Maybe someone from Godaddy read this thread? :D

8. varunsash

Yes, i tried all possible ways to contact them - phone , email chat. lol.
    I sent them an email twice explaining the situation. So i guess they read the email or probably read the chat in this group. I guess my mistake of mentioning the domain might have helped in that case.

9. cdboard

cdboard Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

the other bidder might be happy to get it for his last bid.

if so, godaddy would only be sacrificing the difference between your winning bid and their highest bid ($10 ? ).

if you are satisfied with the outcome, I would remove the domain name from this thread.

10. Ms Domainer

Ms Domainer Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It's good to bring these kinds of "glitches" out in the open.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease and seems to be true in this case.

I like Go Daddy -- I have a great rep -- but, sometimes, their policies leave me scratching my head.

Congrats on your refund, Varunsash!

:)

11. DU

It's the power of the Kumquat - even the merest mention of it changes everything :)

12. NPer

It truly is!! The Kumquat is the fruit of prosperity. :D

13. varunsash

Thanks guys for all the support.

Since im new here, not exactly sure how to get this thread deleted. Can someone help. Now that the issue is resolved, i dont think it is fare on my part to leave the domain name here.

Any suggestions?

14. Ms Domainer

Ms Domainer Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

This thread won't get deleted, but you can edit your individual posts and star out the name of the domain.

For members who quoted your comment, you can PM them and ask that they remove the name from their comments.

I have found that people here are cooperative in that way.

:)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice