Dynadot

Please help me decide if it's worth it 2 char .net domain - Hurry!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CWDigital

Adapt and OvercomeEstablished Member
Impact
I am about to buy a 2 char .net domain its something like 4I.net...kinda sorta...dont want to give away the domain...is it worth 1k?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol, wouldn't be the one in the fixedprice area, would it? :-P

I was debating on buying it myself, but I desperately need money right now and shouldn't spend any more.

Good luck making a good decision. :)

•••
•••
•••
superdealchris said:
I am about to buy a 2 char .net domain its something like 4I.net...kinda sorta...dont want to give away the domain...is it worth 1k?

Good Luck with your purchase! :talk:
B-)

•••
I see little use for letter/number combos other than a status symbol or collectors item like a rare coin. I sure wouldn't pay 1K for something without a clear business use. I can also see some confusion if it is the 9t.net as mentioned in that verbally it could be confused with 90.net or ninety.net. I may be wrong, but that's my opinion.

•••
yeah its actually another combination..but we are at a price of $950 now and I am just not sure how to proceed...I kinda was looking for a pure 2 letter..but we all know the situation with that quest...thank for the input guys

•••
$950 D-: that's too much IMO

•••
ok ok the domain is 3L.net ..I was thinking it would represent "3 letter" or "LLL".....think it's worth it now?

•••
Hello Chris,

For what it's worth.................I think it is difficult to advise anyone as to how to spend their money. If you have a business plan created for this particular domain name, and you believe it gives a clear picture of what services or products you are offering..........then it is worth it.

As far as investing in domains and waiting for the right end-user to arrive, that is another story. You have to decide if you are prepared to take the gamble. Unless you are registering the greatest domains like Business.com, there is an element of risk. You sound like you are not certain. You know the old saying, "When in doubt, do nothing".

Those of us who buy on the auctions take that risk often. That is why Pool....Enom........and Snapnames get so much of our money. I am sure there are many members that are waiting for their investments to pay off. The most important thing is that you need to have a long range plan.

Sorry for the lecture..........

Best of luck to you Chris,

Showcase :)

•••
OH MY GOD!!
I never thought about 3L.net is a "network of 3 Letters domain"?
WOW! Very potential to develop!!
Three letters domain owners discussion network! how cool is that!
hmm.....
Just so everyone knows that 2 character domains cannot be registered anymore. And once they expires, they are gone for good.

•••
lol....tekz..thats you I have been emailing with? lol

•••
Hey buddy,

I share showcase's hesitation to tell someone else how to spend their money. That said, I think 3L.net is a ~really nice~ name, and certainly worth the $950 if you have it to spend. It would be interesting to know how the offers went? But I suppose there's always the risk that your seller is lerking somewheres in hyar... :ghost:

Hell, I say go for it. This is coming from someone who recently sold his sportscar to finance a domain name purchase...

Best regards

newbers

P.S., for information, the name nap.net is currently on public auction on enom, closing 10 October, current bid is $2000, with 67 parties bidding...

Last edited:
•••
Yeah 3L.net is pretty nice...if it was .com would have been a done deal!

•••
3L.com = $x,xxx-xx,xxx!!

•••
•••
It would definitely be a good deal if you were buying a two letter .net for that price ;)

•••
3l.net for $950? I would have been very interested.

•••
I don't think there is any rule in domain pricing. There are some guidelines among resellers but as far retail price is concerned, the sky is the limit because these is only one name and you can't clone them.

The rule of thumb "you hold the name - you name the price"

My 2 cents!

John

•••
that defently sounds like a great buy. .net is only second to .com and a 2char.com wouldent sell for less the 50,000 these days.

QBert

•••
update?

Okay Chris, we hurried ;) What happened, did you get it?

newbe

•••
.edu said:
3l.net for $950? I would have been very interested.

PM sent to .edu.
:talk:

•••
if i have the $$ , i will take it !!

•••
Its gone from a discussion > Appraisal > Sales > Probable auction... :]

Whats the latest ? :tri:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back