Domain Empire

domain Please Help Appraise: comicbookmarketplace.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Adam72782

Impact
I'm looking to start a website buying and selling old vintage comic books. I've never built a website or purchased a domain name before so anyone responding to this please feel free to respond like you are talking to an idiot.

I really like the name comicbookmarketplace.com but it seems like a relatively long name, it doesn't generate much (almost zero) traffic, and the current owner is asking (what I think) is a lot of money for the domain name.

Can anyone here smarter than me tell me approximately what I should be paying for this domain name if I want to purchase it for a fair price?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This reply may be too late. But here it is nonetheless.

If you're going to be developing a site, then you should really aim for the best name that's affordable for you.

I don't think ComicBookMarketPlace.com is that name. For my taste, it's too long. If you really do intend to buy it and find it owned by someone else, I think you'd be overpaying -- even in a retail setting -- if it went above $1k. Aim closer to $100. Ideally $10.

But I wouldn't buy it at all. If you want to look at other domains, feel free to chat.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back