IT.COM

domain iBots.com Please Appraise

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

notitlerequired

Impact
A few months ago i purchased the domain name ibots.com from an online auction through GoDaddy. My plan was to develop a web page associated with things like intelligent robots, Apple Robots??, intelligent marketing...etc. But i never got around to creating the website.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what it would be worth and how i could sell it.

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I also forgot to mention that it's a 15 year old domain name

•••
Yeah, it's worth more. Definitely negotiate with him and see how much you can get for it. Also, do not use paypal for expensive domains. Use escrow instead.

•••
Deleted Post.

Last edited:
•••
the website ibot.com is for a 4 wheeled robotic scooter. i believe that it is trademarked and everything. the domain ibots.com was owned for the past 15 years by someone in california. I don't know too much about it other than he also had iBots, LLC.

What would you all recommend as the best place to sell off a domain like this?

Thanks

•••
"IF" you don't have any TM issues I would say high $xxxx maybe low $xx,xxx

Good luck

•••
Where and how should i go about it? Online auction through which site?

Thanks

•••
Where and how should i go about it? Online auction through which site?

Thanks

You can put it on this forum for sale or can place it for sale at Afternic, godaddy and Sedo.

Good luck with the domain.

•••
:talk:

wait......until you get offers

don't list in an auction

imo...

•••

wait......until you get offers

don't list in an auction

imo...

Agree.

Listing this name in auction will not reflect it's possible potential.

Patience............................

•••
So my choices are to list it on a site like Flippa. The plus side to that is i know it will sell. The downside is that i don't know the final price and that Flippa will be taking 10%.

Or i could hold on to it and update the site template to allow people to contact me if they want to purchase it.

•••
You can have it listed on all these sites, but just put a "for sale" or "make offer" on the homepage and wait for a buyer, thats the best way to get the best price

•••
Ok, so even though Flippa only give you 30 days until the auction ends, i'm really using it to get people to notice that it's for sale, check the page out, then make an offer to me directly?

•••

seems your mind is stuck on flippo

•••
By Flippa i mean any of the domain selling sites. (Afternic, GoDaddy, Sedo)

I'm pretty new to all this and figured that you guys would know a lot more about the process.

•••
As mentioned before....

This type of name you don't want to put at auction, it'll be bid on by resellers. It is a very specific niche that people in the field would pay top dollar for.

Since you're new to this, I'd recommend getting an experienced broker that will get on the phone and start contacting people and doing some snail-mail. While this is being done, keep it listed on Sedo, Afternic, GoDaddy with "Make Offer" only.

Submit it to Domain sales Newsletters too.

End-users for this type of name would be extremely savvy. Leave it to a professional or you won't reap the best return.

Last edited:
•••
It won't be a small timer who makes the first move on your domain. It will be a deep pockets kind of entity.

It is too good a domain name to whore it out on Flappa.

Sedo,Godaddy and the likes ,will be your best bet.You have something Very Nice.

A reseller (Another Domainer) is going to offer you $1000-$2500 for it..
End-User When you get an Offer It will be Mid To High $xxxx and Above in my opinion.

It is well worth the reg fees for another 100 years Rather than sell it cheap.

Last edited:
•••
Is anyone else going to actually appraise this domain?

•••
IMO you really do not want appraisals from domainers we all want it for as cheap as possible. I would say you have gotten the best options already given to you on this thread. You will not get what this name is worth from a reseller. Simply because we are all in it to make money. So hold out for someone to make you an offer. I would not accept anything less than low to mid xx,xxx but I think with the right advertising and a great broker you could get more. Basically though don't let a domainer buy it from you you need an end user with deep pockets and big plans. You may have to renew it for a few years to find the right buyer but it will be worth the wait.

•••
IMO you really do not want appraisals from domainers we all want it for as cheap as possible.
Personally I have never given a low appraisal on a domain just so I can hopefully pick it up cheap, those who do are pos...imho

But if that is what is going on, then maybe the appraisal forum should just be shut down.

What good is an appraisal forum if someone cant get an honest appraisal? Especially on good domains.

:|

•••
That is not what I said or did, what I meant was its a great domain and that an auction is not the best option for this particularly domain. Domainers always think about the profit and at auction you might just have a lot of buyers that wait it out and I feel the name would sell for much less than its worth at auction.
Its like taking something to a pawn shop you try to get it for half of what its worth or less than half so you have a cushion. I gave an honest appraisal IMHO and truly hope this name does well.

•••
Like the guy on Pawn Stars...... Best i can do is $150

Thanks everyone, you have been a ton of help.
After reading what everyone's said i think i'll wait it out for a few months, then maybe find a broker. Even if he takes 10%-15% it will be worth it if i get $xx,xxx.

Thanks again,
Dave

•••
Btw

My appraisal: Low $xx,xxx

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back