IT.COM

Please explain this GoDaddy email

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just got this from Godaddy.com

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not renew your domain(s) during the 12-day Renewal Grace Period, you may incur a fee of $80.00 in addition to the domain renewal fee. During this time, the domain name(s) will be moved to parked nameservers and any website or email services associated with the domain name(s) may stop working. For further information about Domain Renewals or Cancelled Domains, review the Domain Registration Agreement.

What the crap? I don't want to renew this domain so are they going to charge me $80?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have an additional 12 days to renew the domain that has just expired at the cheaper renewal rate.... OR, if you dont renew it and then want it later..it goes into "redemption" where it gets more expensive. Then they can charge you an additional $80 to get the domain...

Do yourself a favor, if you want to renew the domain, do it within the 12 day period and save yourself lots of problems. Here is the best go dadddy transfer code available now for a .COM and some others

GDBBREN8

It brings the price to $8.17. Good luck
====================================
AND NO MAN,if you dont want the domain and dont renew it, nothing will happen...you will get a few desperate emails from go daddy..ignore them..and the domain will simply "die on the vine." Eventually it will just disappear from your account, so just ease up.

Last edited:
•••
I just got this from Godaddy.com

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not renew your domain(s) during the 12-day Renewal Grace Period, you may incur a fee of $80.00 in addition to the domain renewal fee. During this time, the domain name(s) will be moved to parked nameservers and any website or email services associated with the domain name(s) may stop working. For further information about Domain Renewals or Cancelled Domains, review the Domain Registration Agreement.

What the crap? I don't want to renew this domain so are they going to charge me $80?
No, as long as you don't have the domain on auto renew. The email was just to put you on notice of their short renewal period (12 days) before they charge you an $80 redemption fee should you want to keep the domain.

Godaddy used to allow you one to two months to renew your expired domain for the reg fee price, but they shortened it to 12 days so they could either get $80 from you or send it to their auction site TDNAM.

•••
Once the domain passes the renewal date it goes into a redemption period for 45 days. During this period it goes on the auction inventory and people can bid on it. However, during this 45 day period, you have first dibs on it and can decide to renew it but it costs you more at this point (in this case an 80$ fee).

•••
Thanks everyone! Thats a relief..

•••
Wow didn't know web hosting companies does that, sounds more like a penalty to me but anyway since your not going to renew, you can just ignore the email.

•••
Wow didn't know web hosting companies does that, sounds more like a penalty to me but anyway since your not going to renew, you can just ignore the email.

it's for a domain name, not for hosting. Some hosting companies have a similar penalty.

•••
Well, I don't think that you need to mess with such stuff. I'd just contact them and let them know that I'm not interested in their services any more and they can just cancel my account. That sounds fair.

•••
Godaddy stick you $80 where the sun don't shine

Folks, Go Daddy is getting too big for their pants. You can go just about anywhere now and get their services.

Please don't let the Aholes bully you. Just find someone else, they will pay attention if their sales drop I promise you. And write them a letter while you leave too.

Up yours Go Dad and Adios

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back